About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Skype Chat and Conference Call Monday 28th July

We are going to attempt to do something very special and different this coming Monday at 7.30pm GMT. I believe this could be the first for any Garden Network in the UK and that is to gather together our members and demonstrate the power of the internet, this network and communication. Every member is welcome but participation is not mandatory and if you would like to join and just watch and listen to proceedings then that is absolutely fine. Before the event can take place I would like to solicit some topical questions and any items that could be of interest and advantageous to discuss. Topics can be about: The site use - your gripes and any bugs or anything about the horticulture industry - that is as far as a I am going to go regarding what influence I will have. This site is by and for the members. To get involved in the chat you will need to have a Skype account - do not worry, it is free - and then log onto Landscape Juice Network Skype to see the chat window and see who is in the room. To talk in the conference call you will need a microphone and headset or a Skype phone. Please add your suggestions by way of a comment below.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO
    Don't forget the Skype Chat and conference call this evening at 7.30pm GMT (28th July 2008)
  • Tried a few times to get in but kept getting kicked due to firewall i think.
  • Hi Guys,

Sorry I didn't make it last night. I've not had the time to sort out a skype connection and get all the gubbins sorted out. I'll try to make it for the next one. Hope it was useful, I would have liked to chat to you all.
  • PRO
    After somewhat of a frantic and extremely chaotic ten minutes the Skype chat and conference call settled down into a valuable debate and fun session.

The initial Skype session was supposed to demonstrate how effective instant communications can be over the internet but I think we might have all thought at one point that a carrier pigeon might be the best method of sending a message peer to peer.

Individual connections played a part in the quality of the call with some members have to leave and rejoin in the hope of getting an improved connection. Others were bounced off my Skype itself.

In all, about eight of us spent about two hours discussing the direction of the network and the name that should be used going forward.

I am going to leave it to members who were present to add their own feed back on the event and content the discussion but one particular point we discussed and agreed on was the trust and openness that has been created.

One point in particular that members feel strongly about is linking to and out to any resource that assist the post.
This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising