About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Stihl BR200

Just a quicky to see if anyone has used the Stihl br200 backpack blower? I have the bg56 which is ok for short periods but is way too vibey and heavy for longer lead blowing periods and I'm contemplating leaving it as a dedicated vac unit. The Br 200 is a good price but guessing it's not much upgrade in power over the handhelds, on videos it sounds like the same engine setup.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Never owned or used a br200. I'd rather buy another bg86 it's more powerful and cheaper.

I've used br600's, I owned a bg86 for years. I  brought a br450 last year from the dealer for £430 with trade discount. It totally out classes the bg86.

Go to your Stihl dealer try some different models first before you make your choice. If your happy with the br200 go for it. 

• PRO

Get a BR430 or BR450

BR450 is slightly more powerful  than 430 (but both more than double the power of a BR200) but with electric start, and a touch heavier. Useful however if you don't want to take it off your back to restart..

BR600/700/800 has a 4-mix engine which will needs the valves adjusting every 100 hous or so.

BG86 is brilliant but I would use it for short periods of time.

• don't let the valve adjusting on a 4-mix engine put you off................I've found it doesn't need doing every 100 hours.........  I've checked mine and even after some 300 hours use, the adjustment was still fine. To actually check the adjustment and do it if necessary...... really is literally a 5 minute job and you only need the most basic of mechanical skills to do it. 

• Looks like the BR430 may be the way to go, worth getting for the increased power and reduced time needed for task. I see Husqvarna do the 350BT but I've always been a Stihl man.

• PRO

Given the form factor of the BR range, I would go for largest 4-Mix model you can afford.

The price points are quite evenly placed and you can never have enough air speed/volume.

There are some good deals on the 600 & 700 now that the 800 sits at the top.

Choose too small and you may regret it, but totally depends of your work style/type....

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…