About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Husqvarna 525 RJX

Anyone use the Husqvarna 525 RJX strimmer? New purchase, replacing an Echo SRM  222es partly based on its low vibration. 

However, it judders alot when run on low revs (stone edeges, gravel, windows etc). Is this normal? Anyone familiar with this machine - feedback would be appreciated.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

it can be a bit erratic revs wise -- i certainly find on idle it can be revving too much, you can adjust the screw that controls the revs and rebalance it. Might be something to do with emissions -- i know my local dealer tends to increase the power on most tools ot of the box 

• This reply was deleted.
    • PRO

Charlie -- they have a cheaper version of the big sthil fs 400 type shock absorber between the handle and the shaft 

• The shock absorber on the handle is good, and the low vibes is partly why I bought this model. That’s all fine when running on full throttle but the ‘juddering’  from the head when running on half throttle is the problem. I’ve actually taken it back to the dealer to check because it makes it almost unusable when running it slowly.

• I've used one of these for the last four years and found it to be a really good all rounder. Slides into the van nicely due to the loop and I've found it light enough for edging but has enough grunt for clearance work.  It's a shame that the loop handle isn't dampened though.

• And do you find any issues when running on low revs. Ie the level of 'wobbling' that kicks in on the shaft. I'm trying to ascertain whether my machine has a fault or is to be expected. 

• I've not had anything like that happen with mine. Ask to see a different machine running or test one somewhere else and see how it reacts.  That'll help decide if you have a fault with your own.

• PRO

Gareth did you get this issue resolved ?- mines seems to be playing up at the moment 

• I'd take the spool off and see if that makes a difference, there may be an imbalance in the spool unit for some reason.

• PRO

Sean -- yep that solved my issue, too much debris and general gunk inside the spool head -- cleaned it up and absolutely fine 

• That's good to hear! Amazing how much of an effect a small amount of debris can have.

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…