About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Replies

• Duncan,  we've posted on here previously praising the HRX.

We run 3 in a commercial environment with all entering their fourth season,  they have been totally reliable  without so much as a snapped cable.  All we have replaced is blades.

We use them for both collect and mulch and the performance is exceptional in both modes.

Why choose the HRX ? Lighter at 48 kg than the Stihl at 60 kg so less tramlining.  Infinitely variable forward speed with HRX hydrostatic transmission, we've found the 3 speed variable pulley transmission unreliable with the pulley becoming stuck in one position and the gear ratios either too slow or fast ( Stihl).

Mulching- the Honda can be swapped from mulch to collect in seconds with the rear handle, no messing about with mulch plugs and has the flexibility too part collect , part mulch. Top tip if you buy the Honda regardless of mulch or collect run the back wheels one notch higher than the front for best performance .

Buy the Honda!

• That's good enough for me. Many thanks Peter!

• You're welcome let me know what you think after using a bit

• can I ask what the wet collection is like on the Honda? As stihl/Viking is superb, thanks

• Undoubtedly a plastic box is better than fabric but the Stihl 756 that Duncan was considering has a fabric box like the Honda. We don't have any issues with collection with the Honda, as with all fabric boxes best collection performance is maintained by keeping the box clean , Undoubtedly the twin blades on the HRX help with collection, we also run wheeled Honda pro,s with a single blade and they don't collect as well as the HRX. 

• Thanks Peter, sounds good enough to me, I'll also be purchasing one soon, just need to sell a mower 1st.

• PRO

I use both and for reliability and build quality the honda wins hands down.

• PRO

We bought and picked up the Honda this week for mulching mainly and worked well for us from high end Wentworth clients gardens to lower end clients, I may add a 2nd......

• PRO

Just one question, when I have used machines before they either mulched or collected and this machine will part collect/mulch, is there any value in this?

• PRO

Total advantage. Chops and sucks up the beginning of autumn leaves. The really naughty bit -when customer wants the grass collected but you want to save time on tipping.

This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

ICL Controlled release fertiliser technology has helped to transform the fairways at Coventry Hearsall Golf Club.

Chris Low, the Course Manager at Coventry Hearsall Golf Club, has witnessed outstanding results since introducing ICL’s…

Read more…
PRO Supplier

GroundsFest 2024 attendees can look forward to seeing SISIS in Outside Area A on stand number OSA170, where a variety of innovative turf maintenance products will be on display.

This year, the focus will be on three key products: the…

Read more…