About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Etesia 2019/2020 pro46 phts3

Looking at getting an etesia pro 46, phts3. honda gcvx170 80l box. Seen a gardener on instagram got one last spring and loves it and it does awesome in the wet. Just seeing if anyone else has them and can give honest feedback,

Cutting in the wet is where my other mowers fail, partly due to a fabric bag.

Any advice will be helpful. thanks. 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wouldn't be without mine, nice machine to use and as long as you keep the vents on the box clean it will lift saturated grass all day long.

may be slower than other mowers in ordinary conditions but that may be a good reason to keep your other mowers too

• I picked up an older pbts (very similar I think just with a b&s engine) at the end of last year as a bit of a get me out of trouble purchase. It's a bit tired but I have been very pleased with it. 

It collects very well, including wet grass.

It's a bit slow though, not a problem with the Honda engine as you can just up the revs, and gets a bit bogged down if the grass is a bit long,but that's more to do with the weedy b&s engine, again I doubt it'll be a problem with the Honda.

Hope that helps. 

• PRO

Bought one in August to help cope with a miserable wet scottish summer.   Found my toro was just filling up and brushing the wet grass flat.  I was literally stopping every 30 seconds to scrap green gloop out of the deck.  Very pleased with the etesia so far, turned out to be a worthwhile purchase, and kept me cutting in some very difficult conditions.  Actually I think I would say its my go to mower now.

I did very quickly fit a speed up kit, which wasn't difficult and lifts the speed to something more comfortable for my stride.

• PRO

For pedestrian use, always been a big fan of those Etesia's (with Honda engines) and we use them a lot on commercial sites. Agree about needing the speed up kits for the Single speeds, but the variable speed ones we find not too bad,

We've effectively dumped our Hayters in lieu of Kaaz/Lawnflite rollers, excepting we have a small one (maybe a 41?) for small building courtyards.

• Yep I like the kaaz et al mowers. I've got the 19" roller one with the kawasaki engine, really like it. Just wish they came with a split rear roller. 

• They do. My Kaaz 21s were split. I've gone away from them though as the drives were awful for durability.

• Oh ok, I'm happy to be wrong but I didn't think they did, not in the same way as weibang Legacy and hayter harriers anyway? 

• The gearbox engages the drive at the split

3822460033?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Thanks Dan

• PRO

They are split but don't effectively work the same way as Hayters etc as you can't "zero turn".

We had 6 or so of them over the years and currently have run 3*21" & 1*19" model and have only had problems with one.

Still maintain it's about how you run them and on what type of terrain they get used (and may after-use maintenance) but then if we all agreed life would be too easy ;)

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…