About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Jobs

Hello all, 

My name is Jody Daunton and I am a student at Brighton University. I am currently looking for Landscape / Grounds Maintenance work in the East Sussex area.

I am a sensible and hard working 22 year old man, I'm not shy of a shovel and am keen to get stuck in and get my hands dirty.  I love working outdoors and the reward of seeing the outcome of a hard days graft. 

I have had previous experience in the gardening industry, having worked last summer as a landscaper for a large commercial landscape company 'Four Seasons Landscape', as well as having worked the previous summer at a whole sale gardening nursery 'Springwood Nursery'. Another related job I have worked for the past 4 years is at 'Frenchay Christmas Tree Farm', where during the winter months, and occasional days throughout the year I take on many different forms of maintenance e.g. planting, pruning, cutting out trees, weeding, fencing, fertilising, stone picking, spreading mulch, clearance, hedge trimming, as well as other general maintenance and gardening duties.  

I have lots of experience using hedge trimmers, strimmers, chainsaws and lawn mowers and would like to add that I have my own car and a full clean driving license. During my time at 'Four Seasons Landscape', I gained experience driving vans, where I would often drive both their single and twin cab, 3.5 tonne Transit Flatbeds across the UK. The flatbeds were almost always loaded up with a large amount of weight on the back, usually a large sit on mower or palettes of turf.  

I am currently studying photography and feel as though this could also be an added bonus for any potential employer seeking to improve their online gardening portfolio / gallery.

I have been browsing this forum for a few months now and decided it would be a better place to put an advert than Gumtree, as I am sure most of you will be aware that it is often flooded with handy men type adverts. My previous employment was gained through a gardening / labouring agency in Bristol, if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about finding relevant work in it would be greatly appreciated.

Below are links to the companies I have previously worked for, if you currently have any vacancies or are aware of any that may spring up in the near future please don't hesitate to contact me and I can provide a full CV with references and a more in depth list of my previous experience. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this ad.

Best Regards,

Jody Daunton

jodydaunton1@hotmail.com

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good on you for taking the initiative and coming on here - hopefully someone is after you and will get in touch. I would if I were local.
  • Thanks for the encouraging words :)
  • Its so nice to see someone young trying to make something of themselves rather than just wanting to sponge off the state , i cant help on the job front but i wish you luck with your search and i think you would be an asset to any landscaping company ....
  • Try sending an email to Stu at TVG Landscaping to see if he has anything available - his company is always busy!

http://www.tvglandscaping.co.uk/

• Jody, I'm in Oxfordshire so no-go but otherwise I could really do with someone like you, you seem very articulate-all the best.
  • Cheers for the thumbs up everyone.

Now that the season is starting to kick off I should hopefully find something sooner than later!

I will send an email to TVG tonight, thanks for the link it looks quite promising!!

• Good luck and best wishes to you , claire 
  • This firm is looking for landscapers the ad was posted on the BALI linkedin group

http://www.landscapingsolutionsltd.co.uk/

• Thanks so much, really nice to hear back from genuinely nice folk ... and to receive help.
    Will get applying now :)
  • Ditto, Jody, to the other posts on here -

I'm in West Sussex/Surrey border so prob too far for you??, and even then it'd only be ad-hoc work, but will remember you if I hear of anything.

Good luck

This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Get ready for the most anticipated event in the groundscare industry. GroundsFest 2024, which takes place at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, on September 10 and 11, is set to return, promising an even more impressive lineup of exhibitors, new…

Read more…