About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Etesia MVEHH 100 hydrostatic fluid change

Hi all - this is my first post on this forum, which has been very helpful for a few past issue. Thanks for having me.

I have an Etesia MVEHH 100 - the original shape, with hydrostatic transmission. I'm rather fond of the machine and intend to give it some tlc this year, including a hydrostatic fluid change. I have the filter and fluid ready to go, but can find no help on how this is actually done. 

I would like to do it myself if possible, and wondered if anyone here had any experience/pointers. I'm sure it would help me and scores of others in future. 

Thanks in advance

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thought I'd post a quick update on this as it may help others, and also give an opportunity for others to make (gratefully received) comments/improvements on my method.

I completed a fluid change - there's no drain plug that I could locate on this machine, and not a great deal drained out when removing the filter. I managed to get a shallow bowl underneath to collect what did. 

Completing the drainage was done using a large 200ml syringe, drawing the fluid from the filling chamber. I suspect the capacity is somewhat larger than the 2l bottle Etesia supply, but I drained out around 2L using this method, and refilled. I intend to do it again next year to further clean it. 

some things I wasn't sure about - there's no real fill level indicator on the dipstick, just an adjustable slide that I assume is intended to allow monitoring to ensure that the oil level isn't dropping, so whether it's at the correct level or not I can't say for sure. 

The machine is working well though, and is certainly slipping less. I've got some rust to deal with over the winter months!

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…