Not sure what to do for the best here .
Doing a one off maintenance project for a customer i have worked for in the past but not a regular customer , however they always paid promptly and never any issues , lovely people .
Have submitted Two invoices , First one they could not pay due to cah flow problems they will pay they promise once the situation is sorted out , I had no reason to doubt otherwise so carried on working and submitted a second invoice but same response '' we will pay once our financial situation changes'' .
Now due to visit the property again only this time with collegues specialsts in their fields who will invoice the customer seperately to complete the work so this will add to the cost of what they already owe .
I dont wish to add to the bill or postpone which feels a bit like kicking them when they are down . I equally dont want to put doubt into colleagues minds so they withdraw their services or equally complete the project and get stung .
Initially before the work was started stage payments were discussed and agreed a month before the work started but obviously alot can change in a month .
If our services are withdrawn at this stage the garden will revert back to looking shabby and undo all the good work which no one will benefit from and what will the incentive be for the customer to pay ?
What would you do for the best ?