About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

sherpa 100 recommendation?

Does anyone have one or use one? Can you get as much done vs micro digger e.g. Kubota u10-3? I am thinking of the ability to lift and shift especially when accessing smaller gardens/narrow entrances. Our work cover all usual paving, drives, fencing, re landscpaing gardens, some maintenance and tree work. Tx. Rob

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is it not a loader? Great for shifting loose material which has been piled up but not so good for digging!!
    • It seems to be able to dig...check out the u tube videos. It rips up blockwork, takes out some tall conifers and seems to do some shallow excavating for a path. I am just trying to compare whether this one multifunction kit could be used instead of a digger and barrows I accept it won't do the deep excavating
      • Very much like the kanga loader!!

• for long periods I find the small ones are uncomfortable. but for lots of small on off stuff there fine!

• Thanks I was thinking of using it more for the small stuff. I was looking at the Kanga kid too. I think I need to test/hire one for a week across a range of stuff to get my head round how effective they really are.

• PRO

We often hire a Kanga Kid (both 2 wheel & tracked version) in for jobs and find them really usefull to move loads, as a post holer and for grading. Would suggest they are no way near capable at digging like a micro-digger, even with attachment.

Pluses are; number of attachments (depending on hire company), ease of transport (ie they fit in vans), flexibility & cost

Minuses are; lack of real excavating capabilities, load/capacity and reach into larger skips.

The larger models are somewhat more capable (load/reach wise) but nees a LWB vehicle or trailer for transport, but you don't often find these for hire..

Best recommendation I could make is to hire one for a day and give a test then decide. 2nd hand ones go ~ £4-5k, new > £11k

Personally, I think they a great peice of kit within their limitations. Would have one tomorrow if I could justity it ;)

Search LJN - there are some relevant Threads.

• I will hire one. How do you find them for clearances e.g any good for grubbing out stuff and how big? Are other skid steer attachments compatible e.g. Toro, Boxer? I have seen a package on a kanga kid with very low hours for just over £5.5k

• PRO

Ground clearence is reasonable, especially if using the tracked version as it does not dig itself in. Using the 4 in 1 bucket you can grub out or drag out reasonable size, but you can't exert similar force like a micro digger will give (due to its weight).

Attachments are unique to make, but there 3rd party companies making additonal attachments, so whether some form of adapter plate is possible I don't know.

I'd suggest batching similar jobs and hiring one in for a week at a time, thus reducing hire costs.

• I had a small tracked kanga with 4in1 bucket for clearing compacted snow and 2" thick ice from some private roads! It was ridiculously quick at clearing large area but quite fuel hungry. Weighed about 900kg ish
    • 900kg is one of the bigger models I think. Snow and ice are rare as rocking horse proverbial in East Anglia thankfully. You didn't get any other use out of them then? Am hiring one for a week of clearance and fencing and if all goes well then might extend it...got 32t of soil to turn into a lovely kids mound for rolling down in a park. 

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0