About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Masport Contractor 21 vs Husqvarna LC551SP

Hi grass rats,

Im thinking of buying either a Masport Contractor 21 or a Husqvarna LC551SP 

Does anyone have any experience of either ?

I'm leaning in the direction of the Masport as its 46kg which puts it in the same ballpark as our Rover Procuts. The Husky is 50kg.

The Masport has been the subject of a couple of bad online reviews but they're not putting me off. I  suspect the owners were expecting it to be built like a heavyweight machine but at 46kg that would be impossible.

Weight is the major factor and engine manufacturer is unimportant to me.

Cheers, Mike.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Hi Mike

I started my business with a Masport Rotorola mower some 7&1/2 years ago. Great mower, but the only criticism I would have is supply of spare parts and blade tips. Powered by Briggs and Stratton - very reliable. ( Still have it as a standby small mower ).

The idea of the swinging blade tips proved useful a few times on hitting exposed tree roots !

Hope that helps !

Mark

• Like Mark, I can only say great things about Masport............  I've got 3 of the Rotarolas 18"..... they're pretty old now at about 12 years + but they just keep going with a simple belt drive and very light to lift intothe van.  Used for a good 3 hours+ a day all through the season and never had a breakdown in all the  years I've owned them. Never had any problem getting spares though in reality, you hardly ever need them..... in fact my local dealer said all the  spares were very easy to get hold of.... even for the old machines. No experience with the newer machines though....... the drive will be slightly more complex now as the engines don't have a side PTO   I'd certainly recommend them.

• Hi...Did you buy the Masport contractor? how you getting on with it? local dealer offering one for 750 pounds, good deal?

• interested to hear follow up on this too myself 

• I've used a Masport at one of my customers, it's a small, tight tricky lawn to use anything heavy. His machine is a great little tool. Old as Noah but absolutely reliable and a decent enough finish. I'd be interested in any Masport reviews.

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…