About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

I'm looking to discuss with any landscaping business that has been through the ISO 9001 certification process and how they found it, who they decided to use and why, cost, time-frame, commitment required etc.

If you've been through it, you'll know what I am after :)

Happy to do it in the BOG, or by phone or email if easier for confidentiality.

TIA

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey Gary,

Doesn't look like you've any takers here! I've not done it myself but have been looking at this too. 

The key thing I've found was that implement 'Regular Reading' with all staff; each memeber will need to take a monthly test to demonstrate they are familiar with procedures etc. So in terms of staff commitment, I'm guessing pretty much 40-60 mins a month per employee once everything has been implemented.

• PRO

I've had some feedback offline, which has been useful.

However, I've previously helped implement BS5750, but ISO 9001 takes it to a different level.

The core being providing a consistent service to your clients by using a business wide QMS circular process (and being able to identify when it doesn't work, why and what's needed to learn from it).

• Its a big undertaking if you are a small company , especially with the new iso9001- 2015 version. 

Not sure on pricing, but we use a company called CQS to train us and help with the initial setup. 

• PRO
    A fair few years ago I had a year working for a major house building company as a manager that completed the certification process.

After a couple of years they dropped it without making it generally known and just slipping away from it.

I was told that the reason they dropped it was it didn't stop things going wrong, it just provided a paper trail showing it had gone wrong.

Andy
  • Hi Gary
    Over 10 years ago I wrote the whole procedure for my department in an engineering compfany.
    When first introduced I realy wondered and worried about it.
    I needent have. In essence all you are doing is writing a procedure of what you do so there is traceability if needed.
    We were internally audited regularly ( I was also an internal auditor to other departments) to check the procedure were being followed.
    It's a great tool to install disapline and when ultimately you are the one with the head on the block it's rather reassuring..
  • PRO

Hello Gary, Whilst searching the BOG I noticed your comment. We have just signed up for ISO 9001, possibly out of stupidity !! However, did you go through the process, if so, did you use your current procedures or purchase templates for about £200. So my rel question is, if you purchased templates, were they useful and if so where did you buy them from as I am trying to avoid being ripped off !!

Thank you.

• PRO

Hi Alan,

We never proceeded as the initial reason (commercial client) removed the need.

I looked at doing it in-house using our current Operations Manual & procedures but felt it would entail too much work. I then looked at buying a 'Package' (similar to your siutation) or employing a Consulantany business @ ~ £1K.....

At this point we stopped due to no explicit need and work load, however it is something I want to go back to you as it becomes a more often requested certification in the commercial world.

• PRO

Cheers Gary. Well we have taken the plunge, currently we know nothing and are without systems ! We have our gap analysis in December, Stage 1 January and aim to be certified 28th Feb. Quite a bit of work to be done in a few months to say the least. Happy to give an update with progress and when, not if, we get certified even more feedback. A bit of good luck is now required!! 

• PRO

I would really appreciate staying in touch ... and it might be the catalyst for us to finally gain this certification as well.

• PRO

I'm more than willing to keep you in the loop, in fact it adds to our committment as I do not want to tell you we failed!!

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…