Forum

About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Honda hrd 536 QXE vs Kubota W821r

Hi,  I am new to this site. I am looking for any new reviews/comments on the above machines. I am going to buy 1 of the above (the honda hrh is over my budget).  I really can't decide which one to go with, the only real differences I can see is, the Honda is quicker 1.2m/s vs the  Kubota 1.0 m/s.  Kubota has longer handles which don't fold (not a big issue for me) I am getting them both for the same price. Any clues?

Graeme

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

My comments thus - i have owed and run a Kubota W821R PRO mower for the 2016 and 2017 seasons.

They are similar but not quite the same machine.

The Kubota is delivered with the engine set to run slow for noise regulations reasons and is easily speeded up (as mine was). The operating handles are different on the Kubota to the Honda, the handle top is slightly different and the way the levers interlock is different.

Not sure if the Honda has fan assisted collection or not, the Kubota certainly does.

The grass bags are a different colour, the rear flap on the Kubota is metal, wheras it is plastic on the Honda.

If you want a secondhand W821R Pro for around £500, we are selling ours (owner operator run, regularly serviced, high lift blades etc) as due to changing contracts we have replaced it with a 19" version.

If interested or want more info on the machines -  drop us a email - info@lawncarespalding.co.uk

• Hi, cheers for the review, still not sure what I'm going to go for. might have to be the honda for the folding handles

• PRO

The Honda you mention is an excellent mower and these have been our main roller mower for a number of years now.We currently run 3.

We did run a Cobra mower that I believe is the same as the W821R and we noticed that even after tweaking the engine,it was noticeably slower than the Honda as well as being heavier and less comfortable to use. The Kubota does have the option of the high lift blade as Adam mentions where as the Honda doesn't and unfortunately they aren't anything special in the wet but otherwise I'd highly recommend them.

• PRO

Ref: speed - I understand the Kubota has a higher speed gearbox that was introduced two years and is also fitted to the Lawnflite/Danarm clones.

I didn't think Honda ever uprated their gearbox?

https://landscapejuicenetwork.com/forum/topics/fy2015-danarm-553-hr...

FY2015 Danarm 553 HRS ProS
    We've just taken delivery of the new redesigned Danarm Pro 21" roller which is quoted as having a 10-13% faster ground speed, along with a new style…
    • PRO

Interesting - That would definitely make it more appealing.

FY2015 Danarm 553 HRS ProS
      We've just taken delivery of the new redesigned Danarm Pro 21" roller which is quoted as having a 10-13% faster ground speed, along with a new style…
This reply was deleted.

Industry Jobs

Landscape Team Leader

Were you born to lead? Ecosulis needs a team leader! Are you looking for a stimulating job where you can experience the great outdoors and have a meaningful impact on UK conservation? What better way to way to help mitigate climate change and benefit biodiversity than by overseeing a dedicated habitat creation team. As one

Landscaper

Calling all landscaping legends… Ecosulis needs habitat creators!   Are you looking for an exciting job where you can experience the great outdoors and have a meaningful impact on UK conservation? What better way to mitigate climate change and benefit wildlife than planting trees and helping to create biodiverse habitats. As the UK’s most experienced

Landscaper

Ecosulis are seeking to employ landscapers to assist with our habitat creation team in Oxford. You will need to have a good level of site safety, problem solving, ability to work in a team and, at times, supervising other sub-contractors. Working alongside a team, you will be required to undertake a variety of work including:

Landscaper

Ecosulis are seeking to employ landscapers to assist with our habitat creation team in Birmingham. You will need to have a good level of site safety, problem solving, ability to work in a team and, at times, supervising other sub-contractors. Working alongside a team, you will be required to undertake a variety of work including:

Business Objectives Group (BOG)

Latest blog post

PRO Supplier

Pellenc Dealers Visit France Factory

Seeing Pellenc’s manufacturing and production facilities in Pertuis, France proved to be a real eye opener for 20 dealers.

Twenty Pellenc dealers from England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland recently visited Pellenc's…

Read more…

Trade green waste centres

If you've received help from the Landscape Juice Network and you'd like to say thank you, why not make a small donation?

The site is maintained as an indpendent industry resource and it's become an essential tool for those working in the landscape industry.

Thank you

Phil Voice

Founder Landscape Juice

Make a donation

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO Supplier

Pellenc Dealers Visit France Factory

Seeing Pellenc’s manufacturing and production facilities in Pertuis, France proved to be a real eye opener for 20 dealers.

Twenty Pellenc dealers from England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland recently visited Pellenc's…

Read more…