About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

FJ 180 Kawasaki Engine Adjustment

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a video showing how to adjust the revs/power on one of these engines.

I've just bought an Etesia 53 Duocut which is fine on short dry grass but is terrible with long or wet grass.

I'm sure its not the mower but rather the engine/carburetor that needs adjusted. As soon as the mower hits long grass the power dies and it eventually stops cutting.

I would put into a shop but they all have around a 4 week waiting list LOL.

Any tips would be welcome.

Thanks

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Quick disclaimer, this is the smaller fj151v engine, and I didn't do it myself, I got a lister wilder engineer to do it while he was on site doing a customers ride on. You loosen those two bolts and slide that whole linkage plate forward. You then need to adjust the throttle/choke 3244491856?profile=RESIZE_930xcable to set the rpm so you need a taco. This engine was 3600rpm.

I hadn't realised I needed to adjust the choke, and when I tried it myself and slid the plate forward it coughed and spluttered quite a bit.

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks Glen.

I adjusted that plate and I have to say it improved the Etesia's performance. I haven't done the choke/throttle though and I have to say it still isn't 100%. With thick longish grass it didn't give a good cut and still struggled a bit,

Again thanks for the advice.

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…