About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Hi there,I've had an enquiry regarding a housing estate of 42 homes. I should be fine with it but any heads-up's or extra tips on this sort of scale of quote would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in anticipation of all your great feedback, as I know you will!CheersNeil

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Neil

I charge for normal maintainace £14 per hr £28 for two men

For the large contracts that i have like the ones you mentioned I would charge approx £50 per hour for the two men .

So 42 homes would take 2 men approx half a day cost £200 but if theres a large grassed area like all new estates have i would adda bit extra for waste.

I include in my price 2 lawn treatments a year and all hard paved areas to be kept weed free using a suitable weedkiller.

hope this helps with this guide i nearly always undercut other quotes and make a healthy profit.

Give me a shout if you need anything else
  • Cheers Martin

I was gonna go up with a per house figure (i.e. £10-12 per house or £400-504). You reckon someone else would go in well below with a per hour quote like at £200-300?

Once I've seen it I'll have more of an idea. There may well be hedges, strimming, shrub beds, etc too. Will get back to you later. May well combine hourly + job prices to get better reflection of the outlay for the job. That make sense?
  • If its a fairly old estate then there will be a fair few hedges and shrubs so the £400 would seem a fair price.

Where we live the new estates contain approx 40 so houses and the lawns are about 4 by 4 with a small lawned area on the communal car park all shrubed areas are normally woodchipped so it takes next to no time to maintain.

I would Meet up with the director of the estate to find out how much the previous gardeners charged and i also ask why they got rid of them.
This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising