About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

2015/16 Honda HRX476

Looking for a new 19/20" mower for the next cutting season. My old Honda 476 has finally died on me.Need a mower that collects well in the wet. My old Honda wasn't great at doing this. Are the new Hondas better at collecting wet grass?Also considering the Viking 650mb vr and etesia duo cut, although, not keen on the Koehler engine on Etesia.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The Etesia's are the best at collecting in the wet. The plastic grass box helps this as it doesn't clog like the fabric bags. The Duo cut also has removable dampers/filters in the grass box which you can remove to aid airflow when the grass is wet. The build quality of the Etesia far exceeds that of the Viking mowers. We started with a secondhand 2007 pro46 form ebay for £300 quid just to see what they were like a couple of years ago and its still working fine.We now have a Duocut and a Bahia as well! I have tried the Viking mowers but they just weren't strong enough although the collection was good when it was working.We also tried Toro but the bag clogged up so they weren't as good either. When i say the bag clogs its the pores in the bag which get blocked when its wet which reduces the airflow and prevents the bag filling to full capacity.We use Honda roller mowers in the dry though.

Hope that helps

Ross

• I'm edging towards Etesia. But the duocut 46 self propelled currently uses a Kohler engine and they don't get great reviews.
    • PRO

To be fair to viking only the 7 series and I think the biggest MB4 mulcher are 'commercial' mowers the rest are semi-commercial to residential mowers.

• Yeah the 6 series really is high end domestic, but Viking do give the 6 series a 1 year commercial warranty.

Does anyone have any experience of the Kohler courage engines?
        • So does anyone else have experience of the newer Honda hrx476 versamow?
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…