About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Replies

• I'm using a Weilbang and its great so far. It doesnt have a roller though

• Both very good mowers, with similar capabilities other than the Lawnflite being a bigger cut. I have that Weibang and I have a friend who had that Lawnflite not too long ago. I wish my Weibang was a bit lighter, but the Lawnflite is similar in weight anyway. One thing to consider would be the commercial warranty. The Lawnflite is 1 year wheras the Weibang is 3 years which is quite a big difference.

• Main thing that I'm looking at is which is best for picking up wet grass !! they are both about the same price I'm leaning towards the Lawnflite at the moment how are they for reliability ? 

• PRO

I have not used a Weibang, but have used Kubota Pro mowers (both wheeled and roller versions) and a Lawnflite pro before that. They all collect very well, especially with the revs increased, the collection bag kept clean and an aftermarket, high lift blade fitted. If you are considering secondhand, we have an ex fleet Kubota W821R PRO model for sale currently for £500 (new RRP is £1300). 2015 model, new to us in Jan 2016- used for '16 and '17 season - major service and gearbox overhaul last winter - no longer required due to change in contracts.

• No mower is perfect and you can always be unlucky and get a poor model, but I would suggest the commercial warranty offered is an indicator of how confident the manufacturer is with their reliability. Cannot comment on the wet pickup of the Lawnflite, but my Weibang is the best i've owned at picking up wet grass (other than the Viking I had) providing the bag is kept clean.

• I bought a weibang 48 pro roller non BBC and was out today. It was raining all day today, not heavy but constant drizzle. The mower picked up every blade of grass did not skid and ran over the softer ground without damage. Bag is always filled to the extent that I have to pull it out the bag to empty it. Bought it on the striengt of online reviews and I can see why it's so well liked. 

• I owned a Sarp many years ago. As far as I know it was the same design 

as the Lawnflight just a different badge and it was rubbish. Ok things have probably moved on 

with the Lawnflight but because of the afor mentioned I would not entertain another one of that type. 

However after monitoring the Weibang reviews on here over the past 18 months and after a long chat with our ever helpfull Landscape Harry who has owned a 48 BBC pro for approx a year I have invested in the Legacy Pro 48 without BBC @ £999 inc vat and delivery with 3 years conditional pro warranty. Personally I feel BBC is something else to go wrong but with 3 years warranty then perhaps no need to worry on that score  

Only been using it for 3 days but with the benefit of the reviews I believe it's going to be right investment.  Built like a tank which is reflected in the 65 kg weight it just munches through everything. It rained here for the first 3 hours today but just cut and picked the grass up much the same as the Viking which I was pleasantly surprised at. 

Be under no illusion it's extremely heavy so would be preferable to have a lighter back up mower for properties with steps etc.

So based on only 3 days use, reviews and recommendations I would go for a Weibang. 

• On the strength of this review amongst a host of other positive reviews I have gone ahead and ordered a Weibang !!! another bonus is the customer who's lawn is the one that I need the Weibang for has bought it !!! as long as I only use it on their lawn !! which is fair enough !! :) I may have a very very good condition Ransome mower for sale shortly it's only been used by this customer on his lawn so it's not been used and abused !! whats the value for a Ransome ? 

• PRO

Which Ransomes is it? I’ve got a bit of a thing for them I think they are great generally.

• I'm not sure Richard will get details on Friday 

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…