About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Viking MB 448 VC - Mono Handle feedback please

Looking for general feedback on the 4 series from Viking. I want something to use daily on smaller lawns (have 21" Hayter for bigger stuff) .... Particularly interested in how these mono handles bear up when being ramped in and out of a van multiple times a day

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Hi paul,  the handle wouldnt concern me, it would be the polymer deck

on the 4,s & 5,s very shallow depth compared to the 6,s... not  good airflow

and damp-wet grass sticks to the deck like shite, I brought the 545 last

season for small lawns but the deck is a pain....if your budget could stretch 

id go for the 650 series prob £150-£200 more but miles better engines and 

grass collection is spot on, thats if your looking at vikings....personally i wouldnt 

buy a 4 or 5 machine id look at different manufacturers.

• Thats great info Mark .... thanks for that.

Out of interest ... sub £400 and ideally around 25-28kg (lighter the better) .... what other manufacturer and models would you suggest?? .... Although will be used daily it will only be the smaller lawns or stuff my 21" struggles with access

• Probably looking at a Honda izy in this price range. Bombproof really.
  • I have no experience of that model but the viking mulcher we had went through two or three handles in a season. Wouldnt touch a viking mower since
    Had a small domestic grade atco mower which worked great.
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…