About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Top dressing uneven lawn 600sqm

I have been asked to price level an uneven lawn which the customer intends to use for croquet.  Its on a slight slope and he's not expecting bowling green perfect but ultimately he's looking to level it out as best as possible.  Its mainly soft / sunk in areas where presumably he's had moles over the years as well as whats probably light rutting of lawn mower.  I would say there's nothing deeper than 50mm.  He understands it will need seeding on deeper areas.  Total area approx. 600 sq.m.  

Its not something we are asked for often to be honest so I'm keen to hear of technique and materials used for such an area.

Cheers.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

I would recommend hollow core aeration first,as its a good chance to improve the overall root zone, then clean up the cores, overseed all of the the lawn, it won't add that much on to the overall cost and then around 5 ton of topdressing material, probably a 70/30 soil/sand mix

Hard to say on exact weight without seeing it and the undulations ect. If the undulations are really bad I would think it will take more than one go at topdressing to bring up the levels.

I did one last year to improve drainage, I used a sports grade sand to improve drainage - Link

If you do it on a good dry and or windy day it's amazing how much can be matted in. It's important that you do no smother the grass.

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…