About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Hi, 

I'm like a boy awaiting his new toy this week. - I'm totally new to ride on mowers, we've just gone the whole hog and purchased our first ride on mower, and taken the plunge. 

Kobuta G2160 - 48" rear discharge. - 21HP, v5 road license. 3 Bar tow hitch. 

My Questions. 

AnyTips with regard to 

1) Maintenance 

2) Pattern to mow with. 

3) Attachments 

4) Anything else. 

I plan to possibly add a spreader to the rear for winter work, and remove the deck. 

Thanks 

Andrew Palmer

Lawn Ranger G / M (Grounds Maintenance) 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• side discharge or rear only thing i say with any steel deck keep it clear and keep it painted to stop it rusting 

• PRO
    Oil and filters need changing regularly.
    If it's the machine you spoke about before with 800 odd hours? Buy yourself a box of o rings as they can fail without warning on the hydro pipe fittings (just changed one on one of my mowers at 1100 hours). Find the hydro oil level indicator and keep within range. The hydro system should be reliable but just keep the oil fairly new and check for leaks as if they go wrong (they don't tend to) they are a big expense to put right!!
    Happy mowing
  • Thanks fells, we picked it up on Sat am, from Upson Mowers, what a great outfit, been going for 40 years, would highly recommend them, if your after a serious pieces of kit, all their 2nd hand kit is fully re furbed. Bob guv at nearly 70 his son a Director and another co director, 10 engineers. Fantastic customer service.

Well pleased with it, only done 2 jobs, but cut 2/3 of an acre in 20 minutes on the 2nd job. Maybe need another dedicated trailer now, just for the Kubuta.

Ill post a picture up here soon.

• 3314766493?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Very happy indeed, i just need to perfect my pricing structure for larger area, certainly not using this at our normal hourly rate. 

I have an idea of £80 for the first acre, then £50-£60 pro rata for every acre onwards at possibly 1/3 of an acre at £20 each. What do you think, is this OTT, or under priced. ie would you have 1.5 acres cut for £90.00

• PRO
        I think it's on the high side for cut and drop but the real test is what people are happy to pay. Also you don't want people going once a month if they think it's expensive as it can play havoc with drive belts if it's really long. Better to be a bit cheaper and cut more often.
        Test the market with some different prices and it will soon become obvious where you should be at.
This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising