About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Stihl RM655RS Blade change.

Having owned this mower a while I decided to have a little play around with blades etc, I think this mower is an awesome machine but it wasn't picking up in the wet nearly as well as my old Viking 655VR. 

So long story short, I decided to take the the new blade(I had only just put on) off my Stihl mower and replace it with one of my old newly sharpened blades off my old Viking, first thing I noticed was the completely different design of the blades and the wing tips being half the size of the old Viking blade, as far as I was concerned it's the same engine so it should take the old blade.

Sure enough it's picking up like my old Viking did now, even in soaking wet long grass. so for anyone who is having issues with the Stihl not being as good at wet collection as you would hope, this blade change has solved the problem as it now collects better than my Etesia . 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Good to know Harry worth hanging onto Viking blades 👍 

Vikings are brilliant in the wet I did first cut on a long soaking wet lawn today with my Viking with newly sharpened blade it left a perfect finish with no struggling at all .

Boxed off perfectly .

• PRO

100% buddy, if your thinking of maybe one day getting the Stihl version then yes keep hold of all your old blades 

• Hondas are well known for being terrible when it comes to picking up wet grass so i looked for a "high lift blade" couldnt find one anywhere. so being someone who doesnt mind "tweaking" things i decided to put my original blade in the vice and turn it into a "high lift blade" with the help of a lump hammer and an adjustable sliding bevel. (so i get the same angle on both ends) after a few heavy blows i now  have my own "high lift blade" !

Its never picked as well, throws wet grass right to the back of the bag everytime!

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…