About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Stihl RM448

Hi all

anyone had any experience with this ...was thinking of getting one...I cut medium and a couple of largish lawns ,,,also what's the difference with the T model

thanks 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Also what about the 248 model is there a lot of difference ?,,both have a 18inch cut 

• I have the rm253 t i like it its 20in single speed i up the revs to make it go faster leaves a really nice cut

• PRO

I was looking at getting a Stihl RM655RS mainly because we have bought another van and the Honda pro would take up half the van, anyone have this?

• Hi, yes i have one, fantastic mower in all conditions, needed speeding up a touch from factory though as it was slow, now its perfect. 

• I've got one, did a review on here, do a search.. now  done 75 hrs ( I've an hour meter on all my mowers) still going very well, I'd buy another tomorrow if needed. Don't underestimate how useful the light weight of it is getting it in and out of the van!

• Great thanks people ..i think il get one in a  fortnight ..il do a review some time after ..my dealer will give me 15% off rrp

• Public Member

I have the battery model, but I have two gripes which may apply to this model too

My left-handed gardener says it is a pain to empty the box because of arrangement of mono-handle.

The wheels at the four corners means I slip off the lawn edge when cutting along the borders. I would prefer rear roller and front wheels more "inbound", but I guess out-bound helps with positioning when cutting stripes.

I've switched back to using the rear-roller Bosch for border-edge mowing

• Used one for a couple of years...tend not to use it on the large stuff...bought it for a specific job, where I had to lift it ove a five/six foot wall...then found I used it on quite a few other lawns...I was already involved in the sthil battery eco system so cost was relatively low....ive no regrets ..use it alongside a hayter roller and a toro four wheel affair for rough stuff

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…