About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Stihl RM 655 VS

Hi, I'm looking for advice on the wet grass collection capabilities of the RM655VS. I have a Honda HRD and HRX, wet grass collection with them is fair but could be better. I'm wondering how much better the plastic box of the Stihl is compared to the fabric Honda ones. I'm not keen on the price of the Etesia 53cm mowers. 

Cheers 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We don't have one but two of my gardening pals do. Wet cut is fantastic, in fact it they leave a lovely finish whatever the weather. However, both of them have had expensive issues with them after not that long. One has just replaced the whole gear box and parts of the drive system after less than 2 seasons. Not great considering the initial cost.

• Thanks for that. I wouldn't be using it every day so maybe it would last a bit longer.

Cheers 

• Yes we looked at them, but as we've put in previous posts our multi franchise dealer told us to stay away due to gearbox issues, after trading with them for many years and spending substantial amounts annually trust them to tell the truth . They wouldn't want to upset us!

• PRO

We have run a 655 rs but although the wet collection is better than the Hondas we have had issues with the blades cutting out for no reason.

the Hondas are more predictable and quicker and the Stihl mower will be sold....

• Oh and I don't believe there's any pro warranty, Stihl obviously haven't got the confidence! Caveat emptor!

• We've had 2 RM655RSs for 2 seasons now, and been fairly pleased with them.  The RS is listed as professional and has a 2-year professional warranty, the VS is not.  I suspect the variable speed unit is what breaks- they used to have them on Hayters but gave up years ago as they were always failing.  The only issues we've had are a belt jumping off once, and a handle breaking when it was almost new.  I think the handle design is ridicuous, but we've only had that one problem so I'll put up with it.  Does a decent cut, collects well, nice and quiet.  I wish the forward speed was faster, but everything seems slow after Hayters.  I need another mower, and I'm considering getting another RM655RS.

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…