About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Stihl fs361 reviews please

Hi all, 

Anybody own or have experience of using the Stihl fs361? My fs91 has packed up after a few years good service and I'm considering moving away from the 4 mix engines and also after a strimmer with as low vibrations as possible to try and save the old wrists etc later in life! 

Happy to receive any other suggestions too but ideally would like to keep it Stihl if possible as I'm familiar with them and find them nice and easy to work on if anything goes wrong.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I do liek my fs94............... quite a bit cheaper than your fs361 and much lighter. Had m ine in regular use for 5 years and the only thing that went wrong was the ergostart spring in the recoil assembly.......... a tenner to replace.   On the other hand, the fs361 hasss much more power....... depends if you need it. My fs94 has enough power to operate the hedgecutter attachment with no problems. 

• I have the older 360. Manual choke no m tronic. Ive had mine since 2016. It's been completely faultless. It's obviously a larger machine than the 94. But it's more versatile.
    My strimmer like every machine has quirks and that is sometimes after prolonged use the spark plug with gather deposits from the engine and the engine won't run. So I always carry a spare plug with me. I always change the air filter every year.
    Apart from that great machine. Maybe a bit heavier but if you set the harness up correctly you don't notice it. When mine does die I will probably just get a like for like replacement. Although the larger 461 isn't much more.

• I would take a long hard look at the fs240 c.Exactly the same engine/power output.1.5kg lighter (a not insignificant difference!).Also due to this stihl generation engine being horribly back heavy-much better if you're 6' plus in that you can slide the hanging point exactly where it balances for you on the shaft.Also of course somewhat cheaper.The only things you lose is 1 point rather than 4 point vibration on the 361+the gearhead isnt q. So robust.But honestly-and I know,the 240 c will strim/brushcut/murder brambles all day long like a mad dog.So it should-its Stihls top of the range pro landscape b/cutter!

This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising