About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Stihl BR200 baby backpack blower?

Hi everyone, hope you have all had a great start to the new year. Already trying to get organised for this coming spring and I was thinking of picking up a Stihl BR200 backpack blower, has anyone used one of these before? Any feedback welcome, Many thanks Harry

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

It's just a BG 86 engine with lesss airflow per hour.

• PRO
      Yeah the guys at my machine shop said it's slightly less power than the handheld because of the tubing, but I'm interested in how it runs day to day, is it a noticeable difference?
      • PRO
        I want a smaller blower than my BR450 but not a handheld, recommendations welcome?
  • PRO
    Ok , as no one has ever used a BR200, can anyone recommend a small backpack blower? Any make, not to fussed, but not something you can buy from Homebase, Many thanks
  • If its got a BG86 engine in it, out of curiosity, why don't you just get a BG86?  Fits in the van easier, cheaper, quicker to get going I'd think (never had one) and easier for a left-handed person to use (I've always assumed you can't switch the tubes over)

• PRO
      Was involved in an accident last year that pretty much makes it impossible for me to hold anything for prolonged periods, I had an 86 and sold it because I struggled with holding it at the end of last summer, I decided this year I still wanted a smaller blower system but wanted to try and make it backpack for less strain.. many thanks
      • PRO
        I have picked one up in a showroom and it's light enough. If it's just for blowing small bits I would imagine it's fine.
        I suppose you just need to remember it's a cheap one so I doubt it will last as long as the pro models
        • PRO
          Yes mate, just for light blowing through the summer, grass clippings on paths etc, for heavy stuff I've got the 450, the fact it's light will be a godsend ATM, and if it lasts me 2 seasons of spring/summer work then it will equal what my BR600's did before imploding haha, cheers buddy
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…