About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Hey yall what's good, what's green?

I dont post often, so my question is.....Do you rate this product?

I've been using it for 2-3 since it was introduced and I'm finding the weeds are fighting back..hahahahaha bless 'em!

My dilution ratio is 20ml to every liter.

Am I missing something? Or is Glyphosphate a thing of the past!

Bring back SODIUM CHLORATE!!!!!

Have a great season!!!!!!! Big up to all the Gardeners who made a killing during COVID! SALUTE!!!!!!!!

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2-3 YEARS..(TYPO)

• PRO

You can go  a wee bit higher on the dilution rate upto 37 ml per litre but that is the absolute max for woody persistent plants and when used with an adjuvant it works very very well. For normal weeds 20ml should be more than adequate so try it with an adjuvant. 

• PRO

What's your physical area  - do you need to use a water conditioner/additive?

We swapped to it last year and have been using all this year with no apparent problems and recently order more from ProGreen a few weeks ago.

• PRO

Used 360 and 480 formulations over the years. Never had a issue and we are a hard as nails water area so a water conditioner is vital.

What kind of weeds are you trying to kill as glyph isnt the best at certain things.....

• PRO

Never an issue with 480 and I am using it at 20ml per litre.

• PRO

I get results using it at around 5Ml per litre, and go up to around 20ml per litre for really persistent things.... no problems at all. That said it does take a few weeks to really do its work. All that said I don't use much. the last big bottle from ProGreen lasted me 2 years, and if this new one hadnt split in the shed it would have lasted another 2 years :(

• Interestingly, had to spray an area with what looked like every conceivable weed in it, some of them 3'+ tall.  Added 5 ml/ litre of "blaster" (Garlon, Tryclopyr) to the usual Round-Up mix of 30ml/litre.......... normally takes 2 weeks+ to see much effect but a week later the whole lot was yellow and dead........... no regrowth weeks later.  Did a bit of research and looks like mixing the two is done quite frequently. 

• PRO

Where did you find out about that mate?

• 50:1 is the correct mix for most applications.  I have never had problems with Roundup, which is a herbicide that works through the foliage and once it's done it's job, seeds can germinate almost immediately.  Sodium Chlorate was a total, residual weedkiller that would stay in the ground for months, even years, making the gound virtually sterile until it was eventually leached away - to where tho!

• i used to do a large stable yard with sodium chioate mixt it up in a 50gal tub and put it on with a watering can but still had to do it every year because the new weeds would grow 

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…