About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

LJN 2013 Calendar?

There's been strong interest in this year's LJN photo competition. 

The final 12 have been shortlisted and one lucky (talented) LJN member is going to win a Canon G12 digital camera.

I originally opted for ten finalists but the task of shoosing was made harder by the quality of the shots and the stories they told. We now have twelve finalists.

Coincidently, twelve is exactly the right number needed for a calendar:)

Juliet suggested we created a calender from the 12 winning images: "What a great selection of  12 pictures...you could make a calendar to rival the countryfile one!." 

To be fair to Ofer, he also suggested an LJN calendar some time back but I was worried it wouldn't be popular...but this now gives it a special reason.

• The winning image can adorn the front of the calendar as well as be inside on its own page.
  • Any Income from sales could go towards LJN and build a bigger prize fund for subsequent years.

Of course I would need the permission from the twelve finalists - think of the prestige:-)

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

I've just thought of one potential obstacle.

With the competition due to end on the 22 December it gives me little time to get a calendar ready for 01 January 2013.

There are two options:

1. I bring forward judging

2. With Ben's permission we use his winning photo of last year as the front cover. Subsequent years we bring the competition forward slightly to give ample time for the winning image to be judged and used as the cover.

Of course I can just publish asap after judging closes ...it just means that the calendar will arrive a little late.

• PRO

I need to learn to spell calendar :-))

• PRO

Even if you didn't publish until mid-January, I'd still buy one.

I'm expecting a range of T-shirts with the photos, & mugs of course.

• PRO

The T Shirts are on their way;-0)

I'll have more info soon.

Geoffrey King North Yorkshire said:

Even if you didn't publish until mid-January, I'd still buy one.

I'm expecting a range of T-shirts with the photos, & mugs of course.

• PRO

that sounds a great idea phil

just a thought but might be worth holding out publishing till jan anyway to be able to include show dates and events in the calender which could be of interest to the ljn members and any one else in the industrie

• Maybe it's just me, but I have to get my calendar in early December, when things for next year are starting to be booked in; holidays, weddings etc. are already on my 2013 calender so another one wouldn't be of interest.

Perhaps it's better to get the LJN calendar out for about late-November next year, so it's more useful?

• PRO

I do agree Paul but this has all happened quite late in the day.

Obviously an LJN calendar won't suit everyone's needs but if I can find a way of publishing a few (with everyone's permission of course) then I'll give it a try.

Paul McNulty said:

Maybe it's just me, but I have to get my calendar in early December, when things for next year are starting to be booked in; holidays, weddings etc. are already on my 2013 calender so another one wouldn't be of interest.

Perhaps it's better to get the LJN calendar out for about late-November next year, so it's more useful?

• A calender every year would be a lovely idea, I would buy one.

• PRO

Before I commit to going to print, can you let me know if you would be interested in purchasing an LJN 2013 calendar?

If I commit to a minimum print run of 100 then you can buy a single copy for £9.00 (which includes £2.40 P&P to anywhere in the UK).

The calendar will be made up of the 12 images short listed for the LJN photography competition. The cover page will be the winning image.

• PRO

+ 1

This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising