About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Replies

• depends entirely on what type of work you are doing really, the Stihl 135 series are powerful but sometimes a lighter weight tool is more suitable

• Just hedge trimming. Small amount strimming.  Occasional pole saw.  

• The tool i choose on the day would depend entirely on whether it's heavy duty over grown rough hedges and "proper" strimming or nice regularly maintained domestic jobs.... Pole saw I have one of the telescopic extending stihl battery ones which is several years old but a great machine

• PRO

I have the kma 135 and the hla65. Love them.

If one broke I'd still replace it.

I used the kma 135 for light strimming and as a hedge cutter when I want a bit more grunt. Yes it's heavy but you can put a lighter battery in. You think that's heavy pair it with the rg-km.

The hla65 is a great Light nimble machine which is shorter than the kma 135 with cutter.

• PRO

We use the hla135's much better balanced than the kma135 which we also have but use only with the 1m extension, previously had some hla66's which were great for light use but nothing compared to the hla135 for all round hedge cutting

• I have to agree re the HLA, I bought one last year and it's pretty much does everything you want it too.

I had the orginal battery combi with the silly belt harness for the battery which was just dangerous with the lead behind your legs when working especially on ladders. It didn't have enough power and we use the still petrol kombi which is great for strimming and hedge cutting 

• Yea no belt or backpack with new one . Think same power as km94.   Don't know how balanced Weight is tho 

• Personally I would go for the dedicated hedge cutter as it's a beauty of a machine to use tho slightly heavy.

if going for combi go petrol at the moment

• Don't know why, but my HLA135 long hedge trimmer has developed vibration issues, after not a lot of use really. Am sure it wasn't that bad when I got it. Gearbox grease always topped up etc. I avoid using it now except for the tops of certain hedges

• Shame . I Had the km94 attachments so would go on the battery  combi. 

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…