About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

husqvarna lb553se mulching mower

Hi All, 

So I'm currently looking at walk behind mulching mowers to sit along side my zero turn. Something to get in the small bits that the ride on can't. I want it to be relatively light weight, it doesn't need to collect and it needs to be relatively capable. 

So far the husqvarna lb553se seems to be leading the way after doing research myself. But always good to get recommendations from others. 

Perhaps someone can give personal feedback on using the husqvarna.

12362033691?profile=RESIZE_710x

Thanks 

Tim

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Tim, we ran two of these commercially for several years. The mulching finish is average, one of the biggest issues we had was with them being front wheel drive on anything approaching a slope there is no traction and you are pushing which on big sites was knackering, guess if your sites are flat that will not be an issue? 

The other probably more serious problems was the drive engagement cable would snap regularly and the front wheel bearings along with the housing they run in would seize and wear rapidly even with regular maintenance. I woud not buy one.

That leaves the problem of alternatives, most of the dedicated mulchers are front wheel driven with I think the exception of the Weibang ? Can' t comment on these, perhaps someone else can ? We swapped to Honda 537 HRX HY which I know is more expensive than the Husqvarna and will collect also which we rarely use, the mulching performance is outstanding and makes the Husqvarna look amatuerish. We have run 2 HRX'S commercially for several years without any issues whatsoever, they have the added benefit of BBC and importantly when mulching variable speed, certainly would not go back to Husqvarna at any price !

Oh and forgot the height adjuster is not user friendly and eventually seizes.

The HRX is £300 more than the Husqvarna and is worth every penny.

• That's very helpful Peter, thank you. I have been wondering if perhaps I should just replace my Hayter with something like a HRX and be done with it.

• You will not be disappointed with an HRX !

• PRO

Second hrx, best mulch mower on the market.

This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising