About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Fsa 135 r

Hi i am looking at buying the stihl cordless strimmer fsa 135r and am wondering if anyone else has it on here woth any reviews of this machine how is the power and battery etc thanks in advance 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi I have previous model (FSA130) which is powerful, so the 135 will be as good if not better. However, bear in mind that an AP300 or even AP300S battery pack will not give massive run time if used for serious brush cutting or larger areas of long grass clearance. You would need a back pack battery and cable adaptor really for longer sessions. I have seen a swedish guy online reviewing the FSA135 with a toothed blade fitted for clearing saplings. I only get my FSA130 out for bigger jobs, as have other battery strimmers for edges of domestic lawns etc. As it is over kill for these tasks and bike handle bar type rather than the loop "R" version. I might get a FSA135R as well but they seem in a bit short supply at the moment

• It would be mainly for domestic gardens fortnighly cuts for serious brush cutting i would bring my fs131

• You may well find that the FSA135 is not far off the FS131 in capability, obviously battery run time is reduced by using at high speed on tougher stuff. For edges of fortnightly lawns and smaller areas of weeds etc I personally would use something lighter like a FSA86R, which takes a thinner line, but it comes down to individual preference

• I was looking for something on par with the fs 131  that has served ne well over the years just am moveing over to battery looking for less noise and vibration the 135 seen to be the right choice 

• I have the FSA 130 and the AR3000 backpack battery. I t has been the only strimmer I have used for about two and a half years. I have two petrol strimmers which are very good heavy duty machines, but having used the battery strimmer, I would never go back to a petrol strimmer.

They are very powerful, but also very controllable, so you can feather the trigger so as to spin the head more slowly for when near windows etc.

I also have the KMA 135R along with the RG-KM tool. The RG-KM tool is not economical with the battery, but that’s the nature of the tool and not the engine.

My only gripe is battery life. I use stihl 3mm square line though and I think this creates more drag. I consistantly get two hours from the AR3000. The quoted run time is about seven hours I believe.

• I dont have the battery bag oack was hopeing to avoid using that and just using the battery slots i use 3mm rounded strinmer line 

• If just going around edges of lawns you get much better run time so a normal AP battery in the slot is fine (on those models that have a slot, like the FSA135R). It's on high speed tough work that battery run time gets heavily reduced

• Yeah its just for edges of lawns but do i hold of incase they bring a new model out next year since it's nearly the end of the season 

• FSA135 is a new model so you might be waiting awhile lol

• Great i order it the now the company only has a couple left in stock thanks

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…