One of my clients has a large pond that they now wish to fill in for safety due to new baby and the potential for disaster.
They are happy to have it converted into a plant bed, however the initial priority is water out and then filled with the solid stuff.
The pond is 10m diameter and 1.25m deep.
I have not dealt with this issue before but do wish to sort it for them.
My basic plan is:
- Pump out water
- Clear plant baskets, pump for fountain etc
- Create drainage through liner ( break liner )
- Fill base with ballast -compact down
- Fill next layer Grade B top soil - compact down
- Fill top layer Grade A top soil
- Let it all settle
- Plant out or add walkway to central seating area.
Any advice please, would this be a suitable approach.