About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

I'm looking at a new Tine aerator considering one of the above.

anyone on here got experience with either of them?

Pros & Cons welcome

thank you

Clive 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I used to hire the older model camon la20 I think, and more recently the weibang.

Both do an excellent job.

The camon has hydraulic 'up and down' tines and is a bone shaker. Can swap between hollow and solid tines. I think the billygoat aerator is the same style and has been recommended on here before. 

The weibang is a 'reel' style, much smoother and quicker across the ground. As far as I am aware only hollow tines. Much nicer to use than the camon. 

If I were to buy one it would definitely be the weibang. 

• PRO

Hi Glen,

thanks for the feedback.

So on tbe days you hired the Camon did you ever use the solid tines or would they just be an extra that didn't get used so much.

I have a Weibang Scarifier and I'm very impressed with that so 

Weibang would be the prefered choice. 

Camon is about £400 dearer but when making an investment I'm interested in the better piece of kit and as we all know the dearest isn't always best. 

• I only ever asked for the hollow tines to be honest. I don't know how quickly /easily they can be swapped.

Same here with the scarifier, I'm really impressed with the weibang kit. 

The weibang aerator really was more comfortable to use. 

• _20210201_204434.JPG

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/8505481280?profile=original
          • PRO

Thanks for your input Glen 

I negotiated a good price with Cheapmowers.com

who I use a lot, it arrives Friday 👍

• Hi Clive how are you getting on with your aerator?

I'm waiting for a Camon LA25. 
              having had a Weibang on hire for a few weeks this year and previously. 
              I found it to be a hateful machine though don't know exactly which model it was. Which model have you?

I'd be grateful for any feedback. Jb

•  glen what do you do with the cores that are left on top of the lawn 

• Get the blower out and collect them 

This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising