About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Hi everyone, 

New on here and just after replacing my plastic-body mower for a steel/metal body one. I've had the Husky LC253S and have been really happy with it apart from the fragile composite body! I've done a couple of fixes with aluminium sheet and rivets but I work in some quite stoney/gravelly gardens and despite my best efforts I inevitably end up going over small ones which have found their way into the lawn, and which crack the body of the mower. 

Anyway, as I said I'm looking at the LC151S as an alternative and just wondering if anyone has any experience with it or positive/negative feedback. It does have a Husqvarna engine rather than the Briggs Stratton on my current mower so if anybody has any comments about that it'd be great. 

Also if anybody has any suggestions for alternative mowers feel free to throw them my way. The reason I like the look of the Husky is - has a pretty wide 51cm mowing width, fits into my £400-ish budget and also fairly lightweight at approx 33kg. I do a bit of mowing on slopes and non-flat gardens too so I'm after something that's not too heavy. 

Anyway, any thoughts would be much appreciated! 

Cheers,

Matt

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can't get close to the £400, we've run several Honda hrx 576 commercially they have multiple operators and are generally abused on commercial sites where stones are prevalent, this week a steel scaffold bracket went into one, stalled it but although ii has a poycarbonate deck totally unscathed! 

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…