About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Anyone got a 53cm Toro 20897 Superbagger BBC?

Seems like a nice lightweight 36kg mower, Blade clutch, Honda GCV160 engine.. reasonable price of £700 ish

Anyone used one ?? Looking as a possible mower for next year.

Just not sure on the idea of the automatic drive adjust speed....

Comments welcome

http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/toro-20897-aluminium-deck-super-bagger-lawn-mower-bbc.html

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you looked at weibangs, i don't have one so can't speak from experience but people rave about them.  The one in the link below has a larger engine, (although its a chinese engine and not a Honda this may not matter though).  Its 50kg and not 36kg so weighs a bit more.

http://www.mowdirect.co.uk/weibang-virtue-53-ssd-pro-bbc-3-speed-pe...

Weibang Virtue 53 SSD PRO BBC 3-Speed Petrol Lawnmower with Shaft-Drive
    A supremely well-equipped Petrol Rotary Mower with premium features including a high-torque shaft-drive & time-saving Blade-Break Clutch! Check i…
    • PRO
      Be careful if you are thinking of buying from Mow Direct.

I had an email recently telling me they failed to pay their affiliates’ sales commission.
      • PRO
        We would always support our local dealers - a good one is worth every penny if you ever have s problem plus they will build your machines for you and run up etc.
  • Im pretty sure its design is very similar to the Hayter R53s (apart from Briggs engine and no BBC) of which i have 3.

During the warmer/dry months the Hayter its my favoured mower. Lightweight, excellent personal pace, and more than fast enough ..... However if ramping up and down in between jobs the handles arent strong enough  (ive had to have all mine reinforced) and in the wetter/longer grass months the collection is not great. I prefer my 53cm Honda Izy Smart Mow for Feb-June, Hayter June-Oct and back to Honda for rest of season. 

• PRO

We've had the toro 22293 on the fleet for the last 3 years and it's been fautless. Finish good for a 4 wheeler, wet pick-up excellent. Very robust machine, but then slightly more commercial than the 20897. Has the bigger tank Kawasaki engine -  runs the whole day with no re-fill - lovely. Not a lightweight though, but we've ramps for all vehicles.

• PRO

Andrew, 

mind if i pick your brain? we have the Toro 22293 and find it hopeless at what we are trying to achieve with it. it there is a dew on the grass never mind being wet the pick up is hopeless. we use it to cut fortnightly, admittedly it will be wet at times but we have found we only get a good collection if the grass is bone dry. its now are back up machine as it is hardly ever used, wanted to sell it due to the collection issue, we find it holds massive amounts of grass in the deck and drops it everywhere. 

is there anything you have done to the machine to improve it?

• PRO

Well i eventually went for a 53cm Variable speed Izy for £599 instead (black Friday deal).

Bought through John Lewis so will be delivered by my Local Honda Dealer tomorrow morning and apparently a 3 year guarantee on it but not so sure it covers commercial use.. 

• Hi Jonathon ,,, that Honda is same model as what i use. I would be very interested in how you get on with yours .... mine has been generally great, with only an intermiitant issue with the rear wheels locking up on pull back 

• PRO

Daniel,

Same for all machines: clean bag regularly, and ditto sharpen blade, plus beginning of season we spray underneath with a twin pack lubricant/anti sticker. I'd need to lookup what we've used.

• PRO
      If you could let me know what lubricant you used I’d appreciate it. I was considering putting metal hole grommets in the bag for better air flow.

Out of interest, do you cut your grass short? As I’ve seen some people saying they are good if leaving the grass longer
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0