About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Replies

• PRO

I use rotatech chains and they have been very good, I use them on my chainsaws and my pole pruners and from a price point you get 2 chains for the price of a stihl one. They hold a good edge and sharpen easily. The one point I would make is there is no maximum mark on the depth raker.

• PRO

Cutting tooth not raker.

• PRO

hi dave i am waiting for rotatech to confirm they do a 1.1mm chain as they seem to do 1.3mm

• They did do a 1.1 but as I said, the "cutters" are too wide and foul part of the saw.

• PRO

I can't comment on the pole saw but we use the Rotatech chains on our other Stihl chainsaws and in our opinion they seem to stay much sharper for much longer than the Stihl equivalents - and they are much cheaper too!

• PRO

Hi Nick are the chains you use 1.1mm

• PRO

No clue I’m afraid - I purchased whatever was listed on their website for my ground saws and they fit. 

Our pole pruners stay sharper for much longer than the ground saws (ms280 and ms360) as they aren’t used anywhere near the ground and are always cutting  clean wood. Therefore the cost isn’t an issue for us!

• I did investigate this some time ago............ thought I'd found a suitable one from Rotatech but the "teeth" were too wide and had to return them.  Nothing else seems suitable.  Search around and you can pick up the genuine Stihl ones for under £15............ I used World of power

• PRO

I have recieved chains from rotatech and used them this week, they are sharp and do a great job and much cheaper than Stihl

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Working with an electric loader is now more efficient than ever – even in extremely cold conditions. Avant Tecno presents the renewed e series and the third generation of fully electric loaders, whose unique battery technology further improves…

Read more…