- Plan a simple program of work. He who fails to plan, plans to fail…even on lawns.
- Learn and note what works for your lawn. A record of whatever works is invaluable.
- Begin Spring with a lawn renovation. This helps your lawn to flourish the rest of the year.
- Your lawn is a living entity. It needs, food, water and air, just like you do.
- You can always improve your mowing technique. We all mow, but less than 5% do it properly.
- When tackling lawn moss, attack the spores not the plants. Always spray for moss following lawn.
- Scarify lawns to improve grass growth, and then you won’t have such a problem with moss.
- Modern weather patterns are having new impacts on lawns. Learn how this happens and remain observant to avoid nasty surprises.
- Aerate, aerate, aerate…and when you’ve finished, start planning the next one.
- Be practical. For a happy lawn, know why you’re doing it before you do it.
Welcome to week four in my series of posts on starting and running a landscape or gardening business.
Covered so far:
I've been itching to let you in on a little…
I wanted to say be careful subbing out work. Know who is doing it and the quality of what they do. There are loads of rubbish so called contractors out there that could do a lot of damage to your rep…"
I spoke with a business advice guy and he pointed a few things out to me that i thought i'd share in no particular order.
Look after your USP.
I am my business' USP so you have to be careful about how you expand. Important t…"
What do you actually want to do with a pressure washer?
I was told…"
I'm looking at purchasing a jetwasher, but dont really want to spend top money as I dont do a huge amount of it, and some of my clients have their own jetwashers. Can any-one recommend something that does a good job for below £200? Thanks Ian BRead more…