About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Honda HRX 426 QX drive speed?

Hi everyone , I have been given a 2015 Honda HRX 426 QX roller mower by a client that is moving to a larger property and this mower is to small for their new lawns. I used it today to cut a small lawn and it cut fine but the drive speed is a dordel, is there a simple way of upping the walking speed of this mower before I bother to take it down to the guys at the workshop? I don't want to up the revs particularly just the walking speed? Cheers

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Not an easy way i'm afraid. Larger pulley on crank and slightly longer drive belt would do it if there is room. Apart from that, push it !

• PRO
    I may be wrong Harry but I'm pretty sure the only way to make them move any faster is to up the revs.
    Unless you really want to mess about and try and change the pulley/gear cog size there is not a lot else that can be done as far as I know.
    Sorry not much help
    • you're right there......... you'll need to up the revs.  Its quite possible that it hasn't been set up correctly and the speed can be increased without exceeding the max recommended revs for the engine.  Its not that straightforward adjusting the governor so you might do best to get your dealer to do it....... should only take a few minutes so shouldn't cost much. If you want to have a go, there are some videos on youtube to help you but make a carefull note of what you've done so you can reverse it if it all goes wrong!

• PRO
        It depends how old the machine is some of the older Honda engines are really simple to adjust. Simply turn a screw the newer ones are not quite as easy but still relatively simple you just turn the governor bolt but both really want a meter running so as not to over cook them
  • PRO
    Thanks guys, I reckon I will just drop it off and get the lads to have a look at it, if they can't sort it then I'm no worse off, being a machine that is only 4 months old I don't want to make a mess of it, I'm a Briggs man myself so don't know anything about Honda engine setup, thank you Richard, Stuart and Geoff, much appreciated...:-)
    • PRO
      You won't go back to Briggs after trying the Honda engines they are much better :-)
  • Hondas come set with low revs to run them in. They can happily be set to higher revs, and that transforms them.

When I ran the Honda Pros, or the clones, you only needed to drop the governer spring down a notch to set them to optimal speed. Some dealers don't want to do it, but it's only raising the speed to normal after the first oil change.

• I run the bigger brother the honda 476 qx and have upped the revs to 3400 and it flies. Its almost too fast for some lawns but you can always back off the trottle for a more appropriate walking speed.
This reply was deleted.

Trade green waste centres

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) --> <script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-WQ68WVXQ8K"></script> <script> window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} gtag('js', new Date()); gtag('config', 'G-WQ68WVXQ8K'); </script>

LJN Sponsor

Advertising