About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

PRO

Toro 21" Commercial Review (22293)

Hi All, 

Just thought i would leave a little review on the new mower i picked up to run along side my Viking 655G as it was in for repair. 

I already own a Toro Timemaster which is a 30Inch cut, rate the machine highly and my local dealer is also a Toro dealer. I thought it was time to look at a commercial grade mower, mainly as i wanted something a bit more heavy duty and which would last. 

So the Toro 22293 is classed as a commercial grade mower with a years warranty. The retail for around £1000, but i picked mine up for £900. You can get it cheaper online, but dealer back up and all that. It has a Thick 6mm Die cast deck, which shows in the weight as it weighs 62KG. All of the warring that goes to the hand controls are hidden in the handle bars, so they can't be damaged. It has a Kawasaki Engine, and my god is it powerful. I was cutting 1 month wet grass, where the viking you can hear struggle, this machine didn't even flinch! it has a 3.8Litre fuel tank so doesn't need filling up as often. 

It can discharge, mulch or collect, the mulching, as with the Timemaster is excellent, fortnightly cuts were being done easily. The collection of wet long grass isn't as good as the Viking, however its still really good. The controls are different and take a little getting used to. The only slight downside is the weight, if your cutting small areas or areas where there is a lot of turning, it can be a little awkward. But for larger areas its perfect. The 3 speed is fast, combined with the weight, on uphills or slopes it really does grip the ground and pull itself and you up!

For the price i really rate this mower, i know a few people on here have started to use Toro's. I hope this review helps some people consider it! 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for the review. I notice the council contractors around here using Toro now, so I guess they are getting more popular with commercial outfits.

If/when I get a few bigger lawns to do I was looking at the timemaster, do you rate that highly then?

• PRO
      Hi Graham,

I use the timemaster on larger contracts. I 99% of the time use it to mulch. Fort nightly cuts it mulches good. Throughout this whole season I only had to double cut when mulching once. The time is saves on a 21inch is good. Having this mower at the start of the season, I was even able to take on jobs I couldn't before as the 21 inch wouldn't cope. It does have its limits though
      • Thanks, something to think about. I guess it fills the gap between the 21" and the big pedestrians/ride on mowers.

• If you are looking at the timemaster and plan to keep it long term then it might be worth upgrading to the turfmaster. Big Kawasaki engine, big fuel tank.
          • Yeah, I just noticed that on a dealers website. It does look a bit more substantial.

I wish I didn't have an addiction to tools. I'm glad I don't have the money and space to buy everything I would like :P

• If you were going for it, I would say go for the commercial spec machine everything. I spend 4-5hours behind it on one job
  • PRO

Do you still have this machine? How is it now?

• PRO
      Hi Seth,

It's a good heavy duty machine, however it's not good at all at collecting grass. You can be making a minimual amount of a lawn and it will still hold most of it in the deck and drop it as soon as the blade stops. We have had a heatwave and bone dry grass and won't fill more than half a bag.

However if your not looking to collect the grass it's a good mower. I'm looking to sell mine if you are interested
      • PRO

Oh, that's disappointing. I am only interested in it for collecting, shame I was interested by its high speed but oh well!

• PRO

I'll probably end up with the new Stiga 55

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…