About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Stihl br600 or Tanaka TBL 4600 Leaf blower

I'm in two minds on what blower to buy I'm fortunate to have used both of these as two my customers have them... I'm a stihl fan through and through they have good resale value, parts easy to get, generally work well 4 mix engines have their niggles but on the other hand the tanaka is a great blower too light weight found my arm aching using the stihl after 30 mins use, it has 200mph wind speed I found it great for blowing but my concern is how it would deal with commercial use are they built to last has anyone here used the tanaka over a long period? What blower would you guys recommend?Thanks

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Another option: Stihl BR430 2mix so doesn't have the issues the 600 may have. I've used one since I started up and ive never needed more power. Sure a bit more power could've saved 30 seconds or so on some jobs but not enough to regret the 430. The 1.7l tank is good as well compared to the 1(1.1 maybe?) tank on the 600.

• tank is nearly half a gallon on the br600 ?!!      what issues    6 yrs ive had none with 2. ( one stolen)

• PRO

The possible issue with the valves. I never had an issue when I had 4 mixes either but plenty of people have.

• I have the Stihl magnum br600.
    I sometimes use it all day in some of my larger wooded gardens (+3acres) and my arms ached big time, I mentioned it to my Stihl dealer and he advised fitting the cow horn handles that are purpose built for the blower, expensive £80+, but worth every penny as no more sore arms:)
    • good,  just too big for my jeep...   

• PRO
    I am not a fan of backpack blowers myself as I feel they are overused, in the past when I have had to use a back pack blower I have used Stihl blowers, my last Stihl was the BR600, good powerful blower however just recently I have switched over to a Husqvarna 356BTx Backpack blower, not as powerful, but a damn sight quieter and more pleasant to use than the BR600, I am thinking of making a sculpture in the wildlife garden using my old Stihl, what's the betting it gets nicked hahaha
    • Hi Harry, could you let us know how fuel efficient and how clean burning the husqy356 is (compared with say the br600) please? Idealy I would like to run with motomix or aspen but it may still be too expensive.&lt;br /&gt;<br />
      I currently use a stihl 450 and it guzzles and stinks really bad! Personaly I would sacrifice some power if it was better for my health and for other peoples ears and nerves. Thanks
      • PRO
        Hello mate, been a while since I've used a 450, went up to the 600 but got so annoyed with the noise I had to change blowers. The Husqvarna is good on fuel, and fumes wise also good, you could use Aspen but I wouldn't see the need really. All of my clients have said that it is so much quieter sounding than the BR 600, before if they went out they could here me working from a few blocks away... ;-)
        • PRO
          Also from the 450 you wouldn't notice a huge drop in power, but going from the 600 you defiantly do ....
      • ive just learnt   about  'Flash'  from  petrol inhalation...    aspen i need !

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…