About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Replies

• I am quite happy with the results so far. I hope we get one party with the Majority. 

• PRO

I think it is the right result.

• PRO

For us in England, I'm happy and feel the right Government, given the constraints, will be returned to Parliment. Good for the individual, good for business and hopefully good for the UK.

• Gary RK thinks so, and do the rest of you agree that it's a good result for small businesses? A lot of the parties were proclaiming themselves as the party of small businesses beforehand...

• Given the puppet show that was the so called 2 -3 party opposition, I don't think there could have been any other outcome.

How dare they all clap & cheer each one of their resignation speeches. They should be ashamed that no decent alternative was given as a choice.

And given the somewhat underwhelming victory speech by a slightly ashen faced PM, I'm not 100% he even believes he can run a majority government.

To answer your actual question "good or bad" I'd say neither. I'm not sure too much will change, & there is still money out there to be made by one and all irrespective of who is "running" the country, though not here again thanks to the weather!

Didn't realise how hard it is to get off of these soap boxes! (must be getting old).

• This reply was deleted.
        • This reply was deleted.
          • PRO

Can we blame one "colour"..... ? and guess if the previous governments hadn't left the coffer's empty and regulated the banks it would be better for us all.

In 2010 we were in a similar state to several southern EU countries and it was clear we could not go on spending. Ultimately we all have to pay and we ended up with a Society of our own making. We have it easy compared to some other EU Countries..Not saying that's right or wrong. Just fact.

Reading all parties Manifesto's ( worthing doing, rather than rely on old wives tales, smears and mis-information by all parties, papers and journos), my belief is the new government is now best placed to reduce the deficet and return us to surplus within the coming term and proivde the right steerage.

Myth-busting - Zero Hours - who's to blame and who's doing what? (read the last paragraph.....)

• You very obviously have no idea how money is generated or destroyed. Added to which, you assume that to cut and cut and cut thereby destroying wealth generation we can grow. Osborne's fallacy.

This government's policy is predicated upon money generation. Under current legislation money generation is predicated upon banks being prepared to lend. Banks will not lend to business unless they are confident of business growth. Therefore growth is predicated upon personal debt. The whole horrific cycle designed by - opposites???- Thatcher and Brown about to be repeated.

Gary, I had thought better of your analytical capabilities.

• PRO

Obviously not, but how rude. I bow to your great expertise and knowledge. 

• PRO
                Every government has always relied on growth to pay for thier pledges.

I think you need to think where the majority of taxation come from in this country and it is not the poor or even the middle it's the richest in the country.
                If the last labour government had shown some restraint we would not be in this situation. I am thankful they are not going to be allowed to come back in and ruin it again. I do however like the fact that there is only a small majority so that the conservatives cannot be too reckless
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…