About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

What are you looking forward to in 2012?

So it's not been an easy year, but what are you looking forward to next year? 

I am looking forward to hearing all the news,  and perhaps being able to meet some of you (again). I am also looking forward to learning more about horticulture, solar energy, natural pools, wildlife out here in the countryside.

I hope to get some land and plant a vegetable patch that I won't have to leave behind. This year we did have leeks, courgettes (tons), tomatoes(cwt), artichokes, peppers, pumpkins (like cinderella's pumpkin they were/are on the large side), green beans, (about three) peas, carrots, strawberries, onions, potatoes, herbs such as marjoram, parsley, mint, lemon verbena, - not bad for a first attempt.

I hadn't realised we are all entitled to an allotment - Phil's post http://www.landscapejuice.com/2008/06/section-23-of-t.html Has everyone got access to one?

Next year I would like to grow some of John Cavill's stripey or black radishes, maybe some wheat, saffron (as a crop), and garlic as well as the veg from this year.

Personally, I am not really looking forward to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee but are there going to be lots of work opportunities for you there?

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• looking forward to some nice weather & hope the work comes in as it has this year, its nice to have enough work until the end of feb next year, me & the misses are hoping to have a holiday next year as we havnt had one in the past few years.

always looking forward and never look back

• Less gloom and doom from the Politicians and Media for starters. Good weather all round would be nice too, do you think Santa can organise that ?

• PRO

Also looking forward to developing our allotment - this year was our first and a bit of a rush to have some produce at the end of the summer without any real plan.

Hope to focus my business on soft landscaping, planting and garden maintenance next year and less hard landscaping i.e more gardening and less building!

Also, as a family living in London, we're excited about the Olympics and Paralympics next year - we have tickets for both.

Yes, less gloom and doom all round would be a good start to the year!

• Seeing the Olympic Village in Portland finally planted, all with plants from Somerstock.  It has been some time, but work should be completed by 24th Janaury 2012.  In the Spring some of our local Customers and Somerstock Growers will be given a tour of the project, by the Designer.

Working with Gaynor again for RHS Cardiff 2012, Gold this time.  (Note to self - Must tidy up before Gaynor visits)

Probable plant supply to Show Gardens at Chelsea and Hampton Court

Creating Landscapes 2012.

Many other interesting projects that have been on the back burner, but appear to be turning into real jobs for 2012 ??? 

Well, I can't tell you everything, can I :-)

• PRO

Good health and more offspring

• I'm looking forward to getting married,

and working hard again through the season and hopefully growing my business further,

Hopefully getting a new van.

• looking forward to getting married? i have been with my misses for 18 years this jan 24th 2012, never even got engaged, but every one knows we may just as well be married, but its only a bit of paper, call me a pesamist but if you are going to start seeing someone else then a bit of paper isnt going to stop you, if you love the other person than that will.

that aside what sort of van do you plan on getting, transits are a good choice depending on what you do, i am into hard landscaping and couldnt do without a 3 way tipper and a ifor tipper trailer, dont want to go down the rought of a 7.5tonner as they are to big to get into some peoples gardens 

andrew doughty said:

I'm looking forward to getting married,

and working hard again through the season and hopefully growing my business further,

• Christ Phil, feel like i've been told off!! :-D

Anyway..... I think the transit may be the route i take, I'm maintenance. got a renault Kangoo at the minute and it is nearly bursting at the seams, so got to get something bigger really.

phil smith said:

looking forward to getting married? i have been with my misses for 18 years this jan 24th 2012, never even got engaged, but every one knows we may just as well be married, but its only a bit of paper, call me a pesamist but if you are going to start seeing someone else then a bit of paper isnt going to stop you, if you love the other person than that will.

that aside what sort of van do you plan on getting, transits are a good choice depending on what you do, i am into hard landscaping and couldnt do without a 3 way tipper and a ifor tipper trailer, dont want to go down the rought of a 7.5tonner as they are to big to get into some peoples gardens 

andrew doughty said:

I'm looking forward to getting married,

• PRO

Pink transit andrew ?

• That's right Stuart... 'Armitage Shank' Pink!  :-D

Stuart @ Eco garden maintenance said:

Pink transit andrew ?

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO

How Do You Qualify A Sales Lead?

I don't know about you, but our phones and emails are starting to get busy with enquiries. I've learned over the years that it's all too easy to answer the phone, arrange a consultation and then spend a couple of hours with a prospective client…

Read more…
Comments: 0