Forum

Replies

• PRO
    Stihl,s warranty policy on models 23456 mowers is very&lt;br /&gt;<br />
    Misleading on there web page.....when you speak to them&lt;br /&gt;<br />
    They will make it clear, that them models are not supposed &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    To be used commercial...and will not be coverd where wear&amp;amp; tear is at fault, I was told this direct from them. Harry make that call.
    • PRO

I know of no standard Warranty that covers Wear & Tear - only product/design faults. Same as Hayter, Toro et al. That's the problem - Customer Services's interpretation.

On 'other' products, you'd be looking at some form of extended, insurance backed warranty to extend cover.

Are there 'caveats' on the model description about Domestic Vs Commercial use ?

What's written in their Catalog and on their Website which will supercedes anything verbally told to you.

p.s The only thing Customer Services can/may do is 'Good Will'. To get that depends on your attitude & relationship with your Dealer.

• I thought I would give them a bell as I was intending to anyway and they said they said pretty much what Mark has said, it is a years warranty however this is only for manufacturing defects and not wear and tear as you have both said... My question to them which tbh I did not get a straight answer for was "if the drive goes within the first couple of months will this be covered under warranty ?"I won't bother going into details but I was not told a straight answer over the phone except that it was for the dealership and them to work out, hmmm a simple yes it would be covered would give you more trust in buying one of their mowers, after all I don't care who the manufacturer is if I buy a machine for a £1000 I'm expecting that machine not to break under normal working conditions for atleast a season.... :-/
  • PRO
    I had mine fixed twice under warranty, once at the dealer and when this didn't rectify the drive problem it went back to Viking. Viking had it a total of 12 weeks. Shocking customer service and had to be chased up on several occasions. Whole drive was eventually replaced under warranty along with some other bits. Lasted 2 weeks back with us (used for a total of 4 hours) and drive went again. Binned it.
    • That's largely what I hear from all the various groups.

A shame, as the mower is in a league of it's own and I've said before it's 20% more efficient than anything else when it's working. The drive is a plastic part costing perhaps a tenner, when beefing it up would make this the best pro roller mower on the market.

I loved mine when it was working, but that was never more than a week before the drive failed. The best grassbox, great folding handles, wet collection was the best ever, but that flippin' plastic variodrive unit doesn't work.

• I think the last two posts say it all with regard to using the machine commercially.

• PRO
    Well that's a shame as I was considering one for next year. 60+kg is not ideal for going up and down steps on your own.
This reply was deleted.

Industry Jobs

Landscape contractor

Landscape contractor required for Landscaping company based in Surrey. Candidate should have minimum five years experience and be  proficient in laying Paving, Brickwork, fencing, operating an excavator and general Landscaping tasks. A clean driving licence also required.

Experienced gardener

Grove Gardens is an established landscape gardening business in Brighton and Hove and we are currently looking for an experienced gardener to join our team. You must be a highly motivated individual with a professional attitude to your work. Experienced in garden maintenance and a good plant knowledge. A full driving licence is essential. Competitive

Landscape and grounds maintenance operative

Landscape and grounds maintenance operative required for a well established landscaping company based in south wales. Looking for an enthusiastic and well motivated worker who works well as part of a team or on their own.  Must have at least 3 years experience in landscaping/ grounds maintenance and sports ground maintenance and renovation. The roles

Grounds Maintenance Operative

The purpose of the Grounds Maintenance chargehand/team leader position is to carry out a range of duties to support the running of contracts. This will include operating machinery, towing a trailer, grass cutting, hedge cutting and general grounds maintenance duties, able to work on own initiative to complete daily work to a high standard The Grounds Maintenance Team Leader will

Business Objectives Group (BOG)

PRO

Webb Lawnmowers, opinions?

Hi everyone, I have a small business, just me, and do mainly garden maintainence and weeding/planting along with other jobs such as jetwashing and so on as I have a number of elderly customers who always ask for very small "other" jobs. I cut lawns,…

Read more…
0 Replies

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

If you've received help from the Landscape Juice Network and you'd like to say thank you, why not make a small donation?

The site is maintained as an indpendent industry resource and it's become an essential tool for those working in the landscape industry.

Thank you

Phil Voice

Founder Landscape Juice

Make a donation

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs