Forum

Van Signage

Morning, sorry for all the questions today. Ive finally got a van, as some of you may recall Ive been working from a Ford Fiesta lol. Just wondering what people recommend for signage.

I want quite subtle branding so no wraps, but m thinking transfers could be the cheapest way to go. Magnetic is quite appealing as well since the van will be our only vehicle. Are there any downsides to magnetics?

I know someone who could do me a really nice handpainted job and I dont envisage selling the van for some years but people dont seem to do these these days. I assume thats due to the issue of selling the van on.

Once again, any advice much appreciated. Stay warm out there;) 

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

I don't think the sign writing affects being a target - both my plain, and sign written vans have been broken into. Age doesn't make a difference either: traded in the old signwritten one for a new(er) shiny one. Attemtped break in with a week, and another the following week. Sigh.  

Anyway, my advice would be same as the other guys, vinyl sign writing gives you a professional look, and is a valuable marketing tool - have had quite a few enquiries along the lines of "saw your van and took the number down, seen you around quite a bit".

If I was redesigning the one below, I would make the company name bigger, and the phone numbers much bigger :)

• PRO

Hi Lee  Magnetics are high maintenance if you follow the after care instructions . 

It was recommended on mine to remove daily and wipe away any moisture which gets trapped behind the sign then smear with beeswax to help prevent moisture , I found this a bit tedious and the wax was difficult to wipe off the van , it left a smudge which looked unsightly , eventually i got some wonder wipes a member on here recommended for cleaning strimmers, Seth i think it was and these removed the wax build up no problem .  

The magnetic signs are good quality i went for a white background which blended in with my white van and it looked like vinyl and the Landscape Juice van sticker added the finishing touch and i still have this on my van but the signs are in storage .  

Next time if i decide to get signs i will get vinyl .

• Thanks John. I think I will go for vinyl then. I just need to finalise what I’m going to put on it and decide which company to use. Will post the results hopefully this week :) 

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

• PRO

I found Signexpress tobe nest value and really good service - and they did the design for free about 6 re-drafts!

• PRO

Sign writing? I am two minds. I don’t have any sign written vans as my insurance went up but I do have mag signs which stick on if in a new area. But they only stay on when a van is parked on the road where it can be seen by the guys!

I also have a chap who helps out occasionally and he borrows a pair of signs as he drives a large white transit and I don’t want it to look like a dodgy dealer. We have had a number of burglary around here with unmarked white vans emptying houses! 

I do have a land line on all my business documents and cards as this encourages a degree of trust from nervous potential customers. (If you get my drift... shows we’re not a more ‘mobile’ or ‘fly by night’ tradesman) I also have a uniform and professionally done logo.

Having said that I am always debating have sign writing.

• Sign builder do as much sign writing on your vehicle for a flat cost...  design it all yourself on a mock-up of your vehicle, add photos etc if you want, FB logo etc. Think for our vans was about £240 each and a days work to put them on myself.

we get lots of enquiries off it and customers prefer it as more professional image etc

• PRO

With regard to sign writing and insurance, as I understand, genereally this is considered as a positive.  A quick google yields

Get a logo: The advertising benefits of having your company logo on the side of your van are obvious, but there's another benefit you might not know about. Having your van 'sign written' could mean an extra 5% off your premium. Insurance underwriters see company logos as a sign that you are serious about your business and that you are 'in it for the long run'. Both of which reduce their risk and in turn your insurance premium.

How To Get Cheaper Van Insurance | Tips from Quoteline Direct
    The van insurance experts at Quoteline Direct look at the best ways of cutting the cost of your premium.
This reply was deleted.

Industry Jobs

Landscape contractor

Landscape contractor required for Landscaping company based in Surrey. Candidate should have minimum five years experience and be  proficient in laying Paving, Brickwork, fencing, operating an excavator and general Landscaping tasks. A clean driving licence also required.

Experienced gardener

Grove Gardens is an established landscape gardening business in Brighton and Hove and we are currently looking for an experienced gardener to join our team. You must be a highly motivated individual with a professional attitude to your work. Experienced in garden maintenance and a good plant knowledge. A full driving licence is essential. Competitive

Landscape and grounds maintenance operative

Landscape and grounds maintenance operative required for a well established landscaping company based in south wales. Looking for an enthusiastic and well motivated worker who works well as part of a team or on their own.  Must have at least 3 years experience in landscaping/ grounds maintenance and sports ground maintenance and renovation. The roles

Grounds Maintenance Operative

The purpose of the Grounds Maintenance chargehand/team leader position is to carry out a range of duties to support the running of contracts. This will include operating machinery, towing a trailer, grass cutting, hedge cutting and general grounds maintenance duties, able to work on own initiative to complete daily work to a high standard The Grounds Maintenance Team Leader will

Business Objectives Group (BOG)

PRO

Webb Lawnmowers, opinions?

Hi everyone, I have a small business, just me, and do mainly garden maintainence and weeding/planting along with other jobs such as jetwashing and so on as I have a number of elderly customers who always ask for very small "other" jobs. I cut lawns,…

Read more…
0 Replies

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

If you've received help from the Landscape Juice Network and you'd like to say thank you, why not make a small donation?

The site is maintained as an indpendent industry resource and it's become an essential tool for those working in the landscape industry.

Thank you

Phil Voice

Founder Landscape Juice

Make a donation

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs