Forum

PRO

Hi Guys

I am currently looking at getting some new power tools for my garden maintenance setup, can anyone recommend anyone online that are reasonably priced and have used before?

Thanks in advance.

Dan 

Sandhurst Garden Services

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO
                      No I won’t! This all started because Andrew instead of answering the question and I will quote “use your local supplier”.
                      Now that’s the kind of thing that you seem not to want to hear from me.
                      I’m not a moderator and wouldn’t be.
                      You told me I should not have written my response to Andrews first comment.
                      I don’t recall saying your opinion was wrong I just disagree with it.
                      I did say that answering “what online dealer to use” with “use local dealer” is wrong because it’s not answering the question as I said before.
                      I think some of the problem is things aren’t the same as they were 30 years ago, you may have used the same dealers for all that time and all that time ago there were more dealers so they had to try hard to keep you. I know that in the last ten years around here 5 dealers have shut resulting in higher prices and worse service as there isn’t much competition.
                      If the op had said “where is the best place to buy stuff” I would agree to try the local dealer as it’s worth a try as his dealer may be good.
        • PRO

What are these 'very good reasons'? As far as I can see it's just price fixing.

I can buy the Husquvarna equivalent of any Stihl tool online with no issues.

• PRO
    Mow with us is good for Honda stuff<br/>
    Stihl will have to be local dealer.<br/>
    FR Jones and son is another good one.<br/>
    Spares l and s engineers is good
    • Mowwithus is WGM ( Winchester Garden Machinery) isn’t it mate?
      • PRO
        No idea to be honest harry!
        I nearly bought a mower from them last year then changed my mind and bought the weibang!
        (I was going to get the Honda mulcher again)
        I’ve heard quite good things about them as well.
        If I had that kind of dealer locally I would be happy.
        My br700 I got for £504 when I was away and passed a dealership. The local dealer wanted £700!
        I don’t mind paying a bit extra for local dealers but not 40%!
        • Totally get that mate, I’ve gone down the route of using a smaller local company now as they are aware that I can’t wait around when I need Machinery fixing ASAP even when under warranty, the turn around for fixing my Machinery is great, but you have to find that good dealer that will work with you. It’s all well and good supporting your local dealer but if they are not offering the service you need then they deserve to lose your business, if they sell you a machine and take 4 weeks to repair it then your not getting a good professional service . just my ipinion ..
          • Yeah, Mowwithus is WGM.
          • PRO
            There lies the problem in Lincolnshire! 95% if the dealers are agri dealers and aren’t interested in me and my £2k or so a year. One tractor sold is more profitable than 20 of the likes of me and you buying hedge cutters etc, I’m sure they only sell them as an extra for the farmers!
  • PRO

Radmore and Tucker or Forest and Arb are my go to's. But I only buy ancillaries from online stores.

• PRO

Radmore & Tucker, used them last year, good with comms, delivery dates/ status, happily use them again.

This reply was deleted.

Industry Jobs

Plant Health Supervisor

Plant Health Supervisor required for family run wholesale shrub & perennial nursery. Candidates must hold a full clean driving licence as you will be required to travel between sites. It is essential that you hold the correct industry standard qualifications for the post. The right candidate will be required to spray all stock on a

Landscape contractor

Landscape contractor required for Landscaping company based in Surrey. Candidate should have minimum five years experience and be  proficient in laying Paving, Brickwork, fencing, operating an excavator and general Landscaping tasks. A clean driving licence also required.

Experienced gardener

Grove Gardens is an established landscape gardening business in Brighton and Hove and we are currently looking for an experienced gardener to join our team. You must be a highly motivated individual with a professional attitude to your work. Experienced in garden maintenance and a good plant knowledge. A full driving licence is essential. Competitive

Landscape and grounds maintenance operative

Landscape and grounds maintenance operative required for a well established landscaping company based in south wales. Looking for an enthusiastic and well motivated worker who works well as part of a team or on their own.  Must have at least 3 years experience in landscaping/ grounds maintenance and sports ground maintenance and renovation. The roles

Business Objectives Group (BOG)

PRO

Insurance and FsB

Hi all I am new to this forum and am a new business looking for insurance to cover grounds mainteance and tree surgery. I have over 15 yrs of experience in both grounds maintenacne and tree surgery and the qualifications to match. I have been…

Read more…
2 Replies · Reply by Richard Gadsby 10 minutes ago
PRO

GDPR

Morning all,Not a riveting start to the 'spring' season. Trying to chalk this one off before my business reaches top speed. I'm just trying to build my understanding on GDPR so the time that I put into in is for sure the right work.I plan on…

Read more…
17 Replies · Reply by Andrew Betteridge 22 hours ago
PRO

Webb Lawnmowers, opinions?

Hi everyone, I have a small business, just me, and do mainly garden maintainence and weeding/planting along with other jobs such as jetwashing and so on as I have a number of elderly customers who always ask for very small "other" jobs. I cut lawns,…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Adam Woods on Wednesday

Latest blog post

PRO Supplier

Sherriff Amenity is delighted to announce that it is now the exclusive UK distributor of Carbon Gold’s Enriched Biochar Turf Improver.

Carbon Gold’s aim is to increase soil fertility and improve turf health through the use of…

Read more…

Trade green waste centres

If you've received help from the Landscape Juice Network and you'd like to say thank you, why not make a small donation?

The site is maintained as an indpendent industry resource and it's become an essential tool for those working in the landscape industry.

Thank you

Phil Voice

Founder Landscape Juice

Make a donation

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO Supplier

Sherriff Amenity is delighted to announce that it is now the exclusive UK distributor of Carbon Gold’s Enriched Biochar Turf Improver.

Carbon Gold’s aim is to increase soil fertility and improve turf health through the use of…

Read more…