Forum

Replies

• PRO

Bought the Harrier last year.

No problems with it so far. It is fast, even when reducing throttle it covers ground quickly. Border edges can be a bit of a challenge, quite often push it around them especially curved borders. be really nice to have variable speed drive.

Picks up wet grass well enough, although after using it for the second half of the season I feel it could be better, Would like to try a Viking to compare to - maybe I'm just expecting a bit too much. 

Mine kicks out cut grass from the sides if the grass is a bit longer, so I need to do a quick run over it again. Typical example is a 2 weekly cut where the grass is fed regularly and grows more quickly. Easiest solution would be weekly cuts but customers won't go there, or cut higher then lower, so it is what it is. If I ever search out a different mower that would be reason.

Finish is really good, it is in its element on weekly cuts on well kept lawns.

• PRO

hi Scott

thanks for the imput,yeah i had a demo of it at there hq, & the travel speed was what stood out to me, the problem with slowing it down on the throttle is you slow down the cutter bar.

i've now taken the plunge & bought one, jobs that i would not have been able to do with my current machines because the grass would clogg up in the chute , i;ve been able to do disspite how wet it is in my area 

This reply was deleted.

Industry Jobs

Plant Health Supervisor

Plant Health Supervisor required for family run wholesale shrub & perennial nursery. Candidates must hold a full clean driving licence as you will be required to travel between sites. It is essential that you hold the correct industry standard qualifications for the post. The right candidate will be required to spray all stock on a

Landscape contractor

Landscape contractor required for Landscaping company based in Surrey. Candidate should have minimum five years experience and be  proficient in laying Paving, Brickwork, fencing, operating an excavator and general Landscaping tasks. A clean driving licence also required.

Experienced gardener

Grove Gardens is an established landscape gardening business in Brighton and Hove and we are currently looking for an experienced gardener to join our team. You must be a highly motivated individual with a professional attitude to your work. Experienced in garden maintenance and a good plant knowledge. A full driving licence is essential. Competitive

Landscape and grounds maintenance operative

Landscape and grounds maintenance operative required for a well established landscaping company based in south wales. Looking for an enthusiastic and well motivated worker who works well as part of a team or on their own.  Must have at least 3 years experience in landscaping/ grounds maintenance and sports ground maintenance and renovation. The roles

Business Objectives Group (BOG)

PRO

Webb Lawnmowers, opinions?

Hi everyone, I have a small business, just me, and do mainly garden maintainence and weeding/planting along with other jobs such as jetwashing and so on as I have a number of elderly customers who always ask for very small "other" jobs. I cut lawns,…

Read more…
1 Reply · Reply by Adam Woods 2 hours ago
PRO

Running costs

I know we all have differnt costs, income, circumstances, situations etc, but I'm interested to see what you would expect the daily running costs would be for a one man band with two subcontractors?I'm talking one team of three people with one…

Read more…
10 Replies · Reply by John Powley 12 hours ago

Trade green waste centres

If you've received help from the Landscape Juice Network and you'd like to say thank you, why not make a small donation?

The site is maintained as an indpendent industry resource and it's become an essential tool for those working in the landscape industry.

Thank you

Phil Voice

Founder Landscape Juice

Make a donation

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs