Forum

Replies

• PRO
      That did make me chuckle:)
      (The not answering the phone bit!)
      • PRO Supplier

It wasn't meant to sound like that Richard!

I always think that text messages and emails can very easily become mis-interpreted when people cannot hear the tone of your voice!

• PRO
          I know it's just made me laugh:)
  • PRO
    Sorted now
    • PRO
      Would be great if you could let us all know the outcome? I'm sure there will be lots of interest on the LJN search engine for the chemical treatment of box blight in the future, many thanks Harry
  • Signum and Opera professional fungicides work well. Need PA1 and PA6 to apply.

• PRO Supplier

Apologies for the delay Marcus, very busy with training. Glad we got it sorted in the end.

Hope to speak to you again soon

• PRO

Can you relay the outcome.... Or at least what you would recommend?

Many thanks

• Frankly, I would remove the affected box hedge and put it on a bonfire immediately to reduce infecting other box plants in the garden. Also rake off the dropped leaves on the soil and remove a couple of inches of the soil and replant with another species of hedging such ilex crenata. In my view, the use of chemicals is pointless as it is only a suppressant and will never in my mind be a healthy hedge. One of my clients bought in a some box hedging against my advice and 6 months later, all the box hedges (including the mature ones in the garden) became infected. The whole lot was dug up and put on a bonfire. Happily, the replaced hedging is beginning to settle in ok after 4 years. Just my opinion.
This reply was deleted.

Industry Jobs

Mechanic & Service Support Engineer

Working with a team of dedicated hard working enthusiasts in the Grass & Groundcare machinery industry the successful applicant will be responsible for undertaking the build up, pdi, servicing and repairs of a range of grounds machinery. With a range of ability’s and attributes allowing you to work under your own initiative diagnosing and repairing

Grounds Maintenance Operative

GROUNDS MAINTENANCE OPERATIVES Our client based on the beautiful Jurassic coast is a successful, growing and ambitious organisation providing grounds maintenance services across Dorset and landscaping and safety surfacing throughout the South West. They are a forward thinking company with innovative plans to develop in the future. They are looking to recruit a number of

HARD LANDSCAPE TEAM LEADER

We are urgently looking for experienced hard landscapers capable of leading a team and turning plans into finished gardens. Immediate start and good rate of pay for the right person. We are members of the Association of Professional Landscapers and a Marshalls registered installer so an eye for detail and top quality finish are essential.

Team Leader landscape maintenance

Landscape maintenance team leader working out of Rusthall in Tunbridge Wells. Great opportunity for career minded individual as future development for the right applicant is significant. You will be responsible for maintaining the landscaped areas around a number of commercial and residential sites throughout Kent and Sussex. Work to include grass cutting, hedge trimming, border

Latest blog post

PRO

How to Revive a Worn Out Lawn

Is your lawn weedy, mossy, baldy or just plain tired looking? In this blog we’ll show you how to revive your worn out lawn and make your neighbours turn green with envy.

Ireland is one of the best countries in the whole world…

Read more…
Comments: 0

Trade green waste centres

If you've received help from the Landscape Juice Network and you'd like to say thank you, why not make a small donation?

The site is maintained as an indpendent industry resource and it's become an essential tool for those working in the landscape industry.

Thank you

Phil Voice

Founder Landscape Juice

Make a donation

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO

How to Revive a Worn Out Lawn

Is your lawn weedy, mossy, baldy or just plain tired looking? In this blog we’ll show you how to revive your worn out lawn and make your neighbours turn green with envy.

Ireland is one of the best countries in the whole world…

Read more…
Comments: 0
PRO

In the first of a several part blog that we are writing, we will explain some of the terms that are often used in lawncare service leaflets and by contractors but many of you out there may not actually understand what they mean!…

Read more…
PRO Supplier

Nothing but MM50 for Sportsturf Management

Following a successful trial, Jamie Foyster - owner of Sportsturf Management, has now chosen to exclusively use Limagrain’s MM50 grass seed across every single cricket square he tends to.

It is safe to say that Jamie Foyster knows a…

Read more…