Forum

Replies

• PRO

Unbelievable stupidity! Makes me cringe just to watch.

• PRO
    Oh my God how does she keep going after that giant sharpened stake flies past her face!
  • well she's a tough old girl............. at least she's got gloves on:)

• PRO
    Obviously she has had the Stihl tool box talk and hand over training!

Andy
  • I watch lots of American programs where people all use chainsaws with no protective clothing At all. I have had a chain come off and fly past me when being used properly by someone with a ticket. Someone I know years ago had 4 finger cut off by one! I have a very healthy respect for these machines it amazes me that you can by one in Aldi for sixty quid and go home to chop your limbs off.
  • PRO
    http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/15487763.Chainsaw_man_urges_cau...
    Chainsaw man urges caution after 'wake-up call' tree accident
    A GAMEKEEPER who narrowly avoided death when a tree fell on his legs has described the accident as a 'wake-up call'.
  • I do not think she even realised it flipped over her head  

• What amazes me is people going to hardware stores and buying one.  Some of them clearly have no experience with saws and really no idea what they are buying.  I over heard a conversation in our local store where the customer decided on what saw he was having the sales guy then said now for PPE.  On hearing the price of the trousers and helmet decided he wouldn't bother and just be careful.  It should be Mandatory, basic trousers and helmet are under £100.

• PRO
      Thankfully we don't live in a police state. If people want to chop their arm and legs off let them get on with it!
      Different if you are working I agree.
  • PRO
    Mmmm!

Darwinism, let idiots remove themselves from the gene pool.

However, some people attempt to do things without the skills or knowledge to actually know they are doing it wrong and are a danger to themselves and others.

I attended a chainsaw course at the now defunct local agricultural college many years ago. The lecturer, Bill, said the majority of accidents with chainsaws result in injuries to the person standing next to the operator, not the operator themselves. So if you see someone who doesn't look as though they know what they are doing with a chainsaw, don't stand next to them.

In fact the not standing next to people rule applies to a lot of things that go on in the world.

Andy
This reply was deleted.

Industry Jobs

Mechanic & Service Support Engineer

Working with a team of dedicated hard working enthusiasts in the Grass & Groundcare machinery industry the successful applicant will be responsible for undertaking the build up, pdi, servicing and repairs of a range of grounds machinery. With a range of ability’s and attributes allowing you to work under your own initiative diagnosing and repairing

Grounds Maintenance Operative

GROUNDS MAINTENANCE OPERATIVES Our client based on the beautiful Jurassic coast is a successful, growing and ambitious organisation providing grounds maintenance services across Dorset and landscaping and safety surfacing throughout the South West. They are a forward thinking company with innovative plans to develop in the future. They are looking to recruit a number of

HARD LANDSCAPE TEAM LEADER

We are urgently looking for experienced hard landscapers capable of leading a team and turning plans into finished gardens. Immediate start and good rate of pay for the right person. We are members of the Association of Professional Landscapers and a Marshalls registered installer so an eye for detail and top quality finish are essential.

Team Leader landscape maintenance

Landscape maintenance team leader working out of Rusthall in Tunbridge Wells. Great opportunity for career minded individual as future development for the right applicant is significant. You will be responsible for maintaining the landscaped areas around a number of commercial and residential sites throughout Kent and Sussex. Work to include grass cutting, hedge trimming, border

Latest blog post

PRO

How to Revive a Worn Out Lawn

Is your lawn weedy, mossy, baldy or just plain tired looking? In this blog we’ll show you how to revive your worn out lawn and make your neighbours turn green with envy.

Ireland is one of the best countries in the whole world…

Read more…
Comments: 0

Trade green waste centres

If you've received help from the Landscape Juice Network and you'd like to say thank you, why not make a small donation?

The site is maintained as an indpendent industry resource and it's become an essential tool for those working in the landscape industry.

Thank you

Phil Voice

Founder Landscape Juice

Make a donation

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO

How to Revive a Worn Out Lawn

Is your lawn weedy, mossy, baldy or just plain tired looking? In this blog we’ll show you how to revive your worn out lawn and make your neighbours turn green with envy.

Ireland is one of the best countries in the whole world…

Read more…
Comments: 0
PRO

In the first of a several part blog that we are writing, we will explain some of the terms that are often used in lawncare service leaflets and by contractors but many of you out there may not actually understand what they mean!…

Read more…
PRO Supplier

Nothing but MM50 for Sportsturf Management

Following a successful trial, Jamie Foyster - owner of Sportsturf Management, has now chosen to exclusively use Limagrain’s MM50 grass seed across every single cricket square he tends to.

It is safe to say that Jamie Foyster knows a…

Read more…