Forum

All Discussions (12893)

Sort by

Freelancing - any general advice

I got an email today asking if I would like to do some freelancing for another TMO, setting up equality policies, doing a satisfaction survey. The estate manager had been shown some work I had done and was interested in hiring my services.I've…

Read more…
6 Replies · Reply by dgeorgea Feb 22, 2009

Any mechaincs among us ??

My trusty T reg, ford transit, diesel (ex bt) has served me well for a couple of years now and not missed a beat.Until recently she seems to be really loosing power ! especially on hills, even the smallest incline she makes hard work of it. Even…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by James Mar 7, 2009

That's maintenance for you.

We were at our new contract job today. We'd been asked to dig five holes for some apple trees that are coming and I cut into an electric cable, looked like the ordinary cable on your extension lead. We reckoned it was for the lighting bollards that…

Read more…
12 Replies · Reply by dgeorgea Feb 16, 2009

Wet Days

What does everyone in this business do on continous wet days when they can't get outside for work.What about the winter months.I have often thought of being like a ski instructor and having two jobs-one for summer and one for winter.Anyone want me…

Read more…
16 Replies

Keeping up with changes.

There has been some discussion on how companies can survive, and the simple, but often true, rule of keeping open and doing a good job.Sorry but this is another post about how you spend your time dealing with the business rather than getting on with…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Classic Gardens Feb 16, 2009

How much to remove a tree?

In a walk about today with the council officer responsible for trees we were given the go ahead to remove trees from the estate. In fact he went much further than we wanted to and even said we could remove them all.I think a combination of too many…

Read more…
10 Replies · Reply by Gardens4u.co.uk Feb 20, 2009

2009 will it be harder to get work?

well i think im worrying abit, as work has been so slow, also i only started on my own last year, what do u think 2009 holds? will it be really hard to get new jobs do u think for garden maintenance? nothing is really happening at the min and most…

Read more…
4 Replies · Reply by Mark Feb 11, 2009

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs