Forum

Work trousers

Hi all I'm looking for recommendations for work trousers , they must be fairly light but durable , not get to hot and not after big pockets like the dewalt and Scruff trousers I just find the pockets get full of hedge clippings ! Thanks for helping

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ..... What's wrong with a pair of jeans?................  looks like they meet all your requirements.

• Apart from the keeping cool bit ....
  • I have 2 pairs of dickies, with pockets for knee pads and both pairs are still going 1 year later, have brought mascots at £40 ish and lasted 6 months, try charity shops.
  • PRO
    It's all about style :0)

https://twitter.com/telegardening/status/891662591713579008
    Telegraph Gardening on Twitter
    “The best clothes for gardeners (that don't skimp on style) https://t.co/o4QxX3XEmt”
  • PRO

I purchased a pair of lightweight combat trousers from George at Asda , not specifically sold as work trousers but they are comfortable , hard wearing and not too baggy .

• PRO

I have tried loads of different trousers and i found the Army surplus are the best for hardwearing, lightweight and plenty of pockets

• PRO

Englerbert strauss  es motion.

• I use craghopper kiwi trousers. Light, durable roomy and can get them for £25 on line. A pair lasts me just under a season
    • PRO

+1 -Cragghoppers. Lots of positives,comfortable, lightweight including ability to dry out V quick, otherwise Strauss trousers.

Denim too hot when warm, heavy and slow to dry out when wet.

• army style combat trousers plenty of pockets with flaps and buttons I find them at a market usually £10 to £15 last quite well and not that bothered if they get ripped as they are cheep to replace    

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Tree Surgeon

Employer: Bawden Group

Job Type: Full Time

Wiltshire tree surgeons Bawden Tree Care, is part of the Bawden Group a privately owned company, delivering tree care and… Continue

Grounds Maintenance Supervisor

Employer: Bawden Group

Team Leader / Supervisor required to manage team(s) of mobile grounds maintenance and gardening staff in the delivery of grounds… Continue

Skilled Landscaper required

Employer: Scott\'s elite landscapes

Undertake all aspects of hard and soft landscaping construction. Using machines and setting out sites.. managing projects… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs