Forum

winter work

Hi, have read this forum for a long time and find I very useful, however, this is the first time I have posted.I know its only early September, but I have recently began thinking about winter work. This year I want to really push winter services to existing clients and make them aware of work I can carry out during winter months.How does everyone go about this? Is It a case of just dropping It into conversation as and when you see the client? Does anybody type letters up or have flyers printed to push winter services?Any advice would be appreciated,Thanks, Gareth

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

I work around Bristol to Frome. I about fill 3 days a week during winter with work I've pushed back through the year. However I fill the rest of the time with gritting work. Which, if it's cold enough, is far far far more profitable than garden work.

• Looked at this last year but I didn't chase them up.
        Do you need a yard for storage of salt etc as I run my business from home.
  • PRO
    I'll be having a break from the business over winter, as my home to do list is out of control.

I look forward to the day when I can sit in a warm office and just send my minions out to do winter work ;-)
  • PRO
    I won't work from about mid December until end of Jan bar the odd day of tidying up.

Look forward to a little break!
  • PRO
    I talked to a maintenance guy that has various commercial grounds care contracts up to twenty five miles from base, he refuses to get involved in snow clearing and spreading salt with grit.

If the weather is bad enough to require the snow clearing and gritting service, how are his guys going to get to the site and back again?

Andy
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO Supplier

New York Red Bulls Praise SISIS Osca

Dan Shemesh, Director of Stadium and Training Grounds for the New York Red Bulls has praised the SISIS Osca 3 which maintains the synthetic turf on one of the club’s training fields.

When Dan Shemesh was looking for a machine that…

Read more…