Forum

Replies

• PRO

Pair of standard work trousers, from Englebert Strauss. If it's really cold perhaps a pair of thermals. I wear shorts right up until late November, get too bloody warm! :)

• I just wear any hard-wearing trousers.The ones I use now were from asda. In the cold I wear tracksters underneath and in the rain I wear waterproof over trousers. Works perfectly for me.

• I'm also a big fan of the Englebert Strauss trousers, very comfortable and hard wearing.  Thermals beneath in the snow and waterproofs on top when it's pouring. 

• Hi we get all our clothing from Englebert strauss, hard wearing, washes well without fading etc and the company is really well run. Great customer service.

• I wear Dr Martins from screwfix.. (althought I think they are discontinuing them !) only because they are 100% cotton, I can't get on with all these polyester troons I don't find them very comfy. 

• Tuff Stuff extreme trousers all year round and then thermals under in the cold and waterproofs over the top in the wet. 
  • PRO

stihl ,   new black forestwear /strimmer ones from ebay )cheaper)    ,  or stihl chainsaw id very very cold/ sawing.

mascot -cadiz work trousers .    water proofs the other day as it was raining and we had to get a tree finished 20 miles away ...

• PRO

I picked up a pair of waterproof thermals from Aldi a couple of weeks ago for the massive price of £12 and I know wish I had bought a few pairs of them.  Look out for them again because I think they are a bargain.

• PRO
    BBC Weather on Twitter
    “Late April it may be, but any thoughts of shorts/t-shirt weather can be put on hold early next week... Matt”
  • ......... the cheapest jeans I can get hold of...... same ones for the Summer............ usually about a fiver.

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled Landscape Gardener

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs